GPP Week Five - Almost Scared Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

Week Five - Almost Scared Week!

October 15 - October 21

• Costume Prep

• Finish trips to local Halloween stores and/or DIY prep this week!

• As costumes arrive, are purchased or DIY is finished try them on to make sure all is well!

• Keep track of accessory items! Put small things in a bag that can hang around the neck of the hanger(s) the costume is hung on

• Final Check! Did you forget any final touches? Face paint? Body glitter? False eyelashes? Hair color/chalk?
  • Candy Stock-up

• Purchase at least one bag of candy during normal grocery trips this week - HIDE!

• Remember that if you are a Sam’s or Costco member they have BIG bags of candy at a reasonable price too!
  • Family Fun

• Enjoy a planned activity this week!

• Serve some silly Halloween themed food at dinner!

• Take an evening walk (with flashlights!) or drive around to admire Jack O’Lanterns while playing kid friendly Halloween music
  • Classroom Treats (if applicable)

• Finish purchasing and prepping
  • Treat Yourself

• Do something for yourself! You’ve been working hard! Get a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks or go get a pedicure! Schedule it on your calendar so it happens!

• Read a classic horror novel! Or some short stories by Edgar Allen Poe!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We have been invited to a themed Halloween party.. of course the theme does not match the costume I'm doing... so I need to go in the attic and see if I have the costume for the themed party.... to which we have not yet decided on going or not.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hmmm... Halloween themed foods... I haven't done this in ages. Maybe worms, witches' nose and eyeballs (Spaghetti, carrots and grapes)? Mummies (Hot Dog wrapped in Pillsbury dough)?

Any other suggestions Halloween themed foods?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Used to make meringue ghosts.. easy-peasy! looks like this but even esier to do. I would use a spoon to spread in an oval then form mini arms by making a spoon mark across the oval. raisins for eyes.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My wig arrived but I haven't gotten it out and tried it on yet - will soon! Probably need to just get it out so that it can relax any crimps etc. from being in package! Hopefully it doesn't need any major help!

Picked up a few more big bags of candy at Sam's so I should be all set!

Right now I am trying to figure out what dessert I am bringing to Halloween party this weekend. Was thinking witch hat cupcakes but there is a close friend of the hostess that might be making cupcakes so I need to reach out to her. There will be a ton of people there so she may want help - going to text her today and offer to bring 2-4 dozen if she wants. Or I might just make brownies or something - we'll see!

Here is a link to my family friendly - aka not scary or gross - Halloween food ideas board on Pinterest if anyone wants to take a look:

https://www.pinterest.com/klinkj0806/halloween-food-family-friendly/

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Finally I am putting up the few decorations I have for Halloween. I hung all my witches up by the banister railing. It is between the kitchen and living room which is split level. Decided I need to buy more witches.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My cookie monster costume is done! And I went up in the attic and got anything that ressembles 'disco' down from there as the Halloween party theme we are going to is Disco. I guess I'll wear the cookie monster at work or here to give out the candies.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Everyone's plans sound so fun!!! :)

I am definitely making cupcakes for the party! I have boxes of chocolate cake mix in the pantry so I will use those and doctor them up a bit. I'll make a chocolate buttercream frosting and pipe it on. I'm excited to use the new silicone piping bags I ordered from Amazon recently.

I've decided that I'm going to make little "witch hats" out of pointy chocolate ice cream cones and a round wafer cookie. Only thing that will throw a wrench in those plans is if I can't find the cones! I'll have to do something else if I can't. But all things going well, I will assemble the "hats" and transport them separately from the cupcakes then just put them on once we are at the party. Otherwise the cupcakes will be too tall to go in my normal carrying devices.

Firming up final plans for trunk or treat decorations. The 9' blow up light up wing flapping dragon will be the star of the show but I want to do more than just that. I think I'll try to use dollar store plastic tablecloths in halloween colors to drape over the truck bed around the dragon - maybe some balloons? Might do upside down tomato cage ghosts with dollar store white tablecloths - just putting white lights underneath.

It's probably going to end up being a hodge podge of random things I grab from the porch, etc. and take along! lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
bought 2 more bags of candies today... need to buy more chocolate. Also got a blue wig for my cookie monster costume.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i wanted to have ahalloween party this year but some issues have come up so i will wait till next year. will give out candy and enjoy my grandson for halloween to see what he will be

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ I'll try to get some pics up... but they might be AFTER Halloween :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I probably won't post a pic of costumes until after Halloween as well!

Put together the "witches hats" that will top half of my Halloween cupcakes for the party this weekend! Took me a bit of effort to get all the supplies together. After a trip to JoAnn's, calling two stores and then two trips to Meijer I had everything! Ugh!

Ended up using crackers dipped in chocolate for the flat part of the hat. Dipped cones in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles. Attached them to crackers with more chocolate. Here is how they look:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/37773168231/in/dateposted-public/

I got in a hurry and didn't wipe my hands well enough in between each one so some have traces of chocolate where they shouldn't, but I'm just going to have to let that GO!

I'm making two batches of cupcakes and will do a different design on the 2nd batch. Bought white icing that I'll tint green. The idea is to make them look like these: