GPP Week Four - Keep Boo’ing Away Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The Great Pumpkin Plan Week Four

Keep Boo’ing Away Week! October 8 - October 14

• Pumpkin Planning

• If not done already, determine where you will purchase pumpkins for carving and plug it into your calendar tool of choice!

• Locate/purchase proper tools or sharpen knives

• Do you have sharpie markers or other desired items for marking patterns to cut?

• Have children choose pumpkin stencils online - purchase and/or download

• Locate or purchase pumpkin lights/Confirm you have batteries as needed

• Will you try to paint pumpkins this year? There are a ton of fun pumpkin “disguises” ideas floating around - add supplies to your list or just locate them in art supplies you already have.

• Where will you carve? Do you need plastic trash bags to cover the table surface? To cover the kids? :)

• Will you roast the seeds? Look up recipes and decide what you will try this year!

• EXTRA: A Better Way to Carve a Pumpkin

• Costume Prep

• Continue ordering, shopping for or DIY’ing all costume related elements; NOTE: Unless you have Amazon Prime planned for an item, it would probably be safest to finish online ordering by early this week!

• Double check you have candy pails/buckets for the kids located or purchased
  • Candy Stock-up

• Purchase at least one bag of candy during normal grocery trips this week - HIDE!

• Watch for coupons online and in the paper! Continue reviewing blogs like Hip2Save for candy deals!

• Decide on and then locate or plan to purchase the container you will use to hand out candy in (if applicable) - add to budget, shopping list and calendar tool as needed!
  • Party Planning (Hosting Scenario)

• Depending on your party date, finish shopping and prep this week! If you have another week or so to go try to get as much done this week as you can! Every little bit helps!
  • Family Fun

• Is this a week you choose to attend a community event option? Or to do something fun and festive as a family at home? Have fun!

• Have you always wanted to try making caramel apples at home? Add supplies to your grocery list for this week and go for it! TIP: Roughing the apple skin lightly with sandpaper makes the coating stick better!

• Too much work? Is there somewhere locally that makes great dipped apples? Plan to surprise your loved ones with a few. Kilwin’s Ice Cream Shop is a chain that makes killer ones!!! Find a similar option in your area and schedule your trip to purchase them on your calendar!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great tip on roughing the apple skin!

We just spent a small fortune at the orchard today. We got pies, apple cider, apple butter, apple cider donuts, candy and a pumpkin. It smelled sooo good there. Ahhh... autumn...

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Found some wonderful apples, nice small ones for caramel apples today.
We will be decorating Saturday!

Ordered a new holiday themed apron on Etsy, will be here this week - in time for Halloween!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
[X] Pumpkin Planning - We have all our pumpkins purchased! Plenty of knives packed in camper as we will be carving at the campground. A new box of black trash bags packed too! I do need to grab a big metal spoon for scraping out the pulp and seeds. All the pumpkin lights are packed with batteries in them and have extra batteries ready to take out as well.

[X] Costume Prep - DONE! Made DS's shirt this weekend, tried everyone on him and we are good to go. I might try to purchase some brown shoes though. I also made the skirt for my costume. Purchased black and white striped tights because the green and black with it didn't look right. I decorated my witch's hat but I'm going to pull most of it off and use some different things I got at Walmart yesterday. I did iron the black tulle veil on the hat and that looks much better. And I ordered a dark purple wig yesterday too. Can't wait to see how it all looks together!

[ ] Candy Stock Up - Need to figure out when I am getting to Sam's this week. Will purchase rest of candy all at once in case I can't get out there again between now and when I need it!

[N/A] Party Planning (Hosting) - N/A for us

[ ] Family Fun - We postponed our trip to Thistleberry Farms since it was so dang HOT this weekend. Next Saturday is still going to be warm but we'll go first thing when they open and hope for the best! I'm planning to go to Kilwin's on my lunch this Friday to get a caramel apple. Should be plenty to split between DS and I - they are huge!

[X] Classroom Treats Update - DONE! Printed and cut tags on my Cricut that say "Halloween Hello" and used candy corn background stamp in orange on top of the printed words - turned out great!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Inside decorating is all finished! did it with ds's girlfriend this weekend. Need to do outside (it was raining). 100 bags of candies are made. Need to buy more candy.
Received the blue tutu for my Halloween costume. Now I need to work on it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Re-did the hat for my costume last night - so I can check that off my list!

I'm going to try and have DS look at some pumpkin stencils online with me one night this week and print the a couple he wants to do :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Printed out the templates last night! Cut out the shapes and slipped them into a plastic page protector so it will travel well. Just need to take it out to the camper now!