Grandparents Day Sept 7

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Grandparents Day is on Sunday Sept 7 (not very far away) This weekend I hope to make a stepping stone for one set- the others a far away and can't afford the postage- thinking of doing a pic DVD for all.

What are you doing this year??

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm embarrassed to say that I've never celebrated this day but I think I will start this year. I only have one grandmother (mom's side) still here. I visit her a lot. She doesn't do a lot and getting her out of the house is impossible. I'm going to talk to my brother and cousins to see if we can get together and take her out to dinner. Someplace really nice.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Unfortuntly the only grandparent that I have left is now 3000 miles away. It's getting very hard to talk to him because when anyone calls him he wants to come home, and doctors say that right now there is no way he can travel. My aunt loves that, so she can stay in control of him. My youngest dd is his baby and she cry's when she talks to him because she wants her great grandpa. So we will probley make him cards and send out first day of school pictures to him. This is actually the first year he will not see my kids on the first day of school.

My mom wants me to make her some of the stepping stones, that I made for my front yard this year so I might gather all her grandkids except for the one that is also 3000 miles away and have them each make one, for her and my stepfather. DH's mother is in a nursing home, really doesn't know my kids and his father has only met my two girls once each and has never ever seen either one of the boys. So they will get nothing at all. As everyyear we will put a new stepping stone on my dad's grave from the kids.