Great Gift books!!! (last lecture included)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Just got back from vacation and read some AMAZING books! Now I'm going to have to buy a few of them as gifts!
The Last Lecture--fantastic book for just about anyone! The ending is especially heart wrenching as he talks about leaving his children.
Don't Bet Against me-- Deanna Favre---great for any packer fan or cancer survivor. Good read for any strong woman.
Nicholas Sparks books---love love love The notebook---book AND movie! I highly recommend it to any hopeless romantic.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Saw the notebook movie.... such a great girl movie!!!! we all cried at the end!

give_me_a_latte

Retire Member
Jul 21, 2008
SE GA
I love Sparks...but all his books are so tragic!! LOL! I always end up crying.....We watched The Notebook on TV this weekend. It's my husband's favorite movie (Shh! Don't tell anyone!).

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
Have you read Three Weeks with my Brother by Nicholas Sparks? Now that is a REALLY good book. He mixes the telling of his around-the-world trip with his brother with the telling of his real life- from a boy till now. If you haven't heard of it yet, check it out and read it BUT DON'T READ THE INSIDE COVER!!! DON"T READ ANY REVIEWS!! Just read the book! I didn't know a thing about it, so I was able to feel the emotions just as he was telling them in the book. I can't even say the next thing I wanted to say...just read it.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
The Last Lecture is a wonderful book , I purchased it for my DH for Christmas. ::eek:rnament:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
A couple books I've read recently that I'd highly recommend:

Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog by Ted Kerasote for the dog-lover in your life