Had To Cancel My Party Tonight

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Well, as I mentioned on the CHit Chat thread, I had to cancel my much-anticipated Christmas Party tonight as the weather is just too bad for people around here to come out in it. So we are majorly bummed as this is the first time in 15 years this has happened.

We still want to try and squeeze it in somewhere during the holidays so I am thinking of rescheduling for New Year's Day or the day after that which will be a Saturday. It's still technically the holidays and might help spread out the holiday cheer. Maybe it could be kind of like a 12th Night party.

What do you ladies think?

sew-n-sew

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2008
I would reschedule. We normally have an open house mid-December and when circumstances required, rescheduling in January worked fine.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
And just when you had everything ready to go! How frustrating! That happened with one of our parties last year. It was rescheduled for the week between Christmas and New Years and it went just great! (And everyone had more stories to share about how Christmas went with their families).

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I think it's a great alternative. I would love to attend a 12th Night party...I even thought about having one, but just haven't yet. I think you would have a lot of fun!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
So sorry that you had to cancel on the day of. I agree with everyone else - I think you should reschedule it. I'm sure your guests were really looking forward to it and will be thrilled to see it back on their calendar!

Last edited:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I too am sorry you had to cancel your party. But the 12 night party would give everyone another party to look forward to. Who knows maybe it's the start of a new tradition.

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
So sorry about your party! I think a 12th night party is a wonderful idea as everyone is so bummmed after Christmas! I always have the Christmas blues after wards, I would love a holiday party to go to make it last longer! Great luck with it, and I jope you got to enjoy a bit of the blustry weather....We sled, and baked and listed to Christmas caroles, watched movies, it was a fantastic day!!!

Kelly

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Thanks, ladies! I think I am going to reschedule on that day. It may even be better.

Last night DH and I received a phone call from his sister who lives very far away in Guam. She was calling in to see how the party was going and maybe talk to some people. What a surprise when she heard it was cancelled as we were all snowed in! It was 85 F where she is. She said she hopes to bring my niece for a visit that weekend and might be able to attend the rescheduled party so that would be nice.

Think I might even research a few 12th Night traditions. It won't officially be 12th Night but thinking I may cheat just a bit.