Hallmark and Other Christmas Movies 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Anyone else look forward to Hallmark Christmas movies? Just one month from now and the movies will start airing on Hallmark! I usually record the new ones and then when I wrap gifts or write out Christmas cards, I'll watching them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Can’t wait! I’ve bought a few that we didn’t have but haven’t watched them. Saving them for now. We watched white Christmas and the Christmas card the last 2 nights. My husband’s idea!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Can’t wait! I’ve bought a few that we didn’t have but haven’t watched them. Saving them for now. We watched white Christmas and the Christmas card the last 2 nights. My husband’s idea!
I've seen the Christmas Card a couple of times! I really liked Ed Asner in that movie.

There's another station that will begin to broadcast new movies including Christmas movies. I just read that Bill Abbott, who was part of the team that started the whole Hallmark 24/7 Christmas movie idea, has bought his own cable channels: Great American Country Channel and Ride TV. The channels will get new names and start broadcasting under new ownership this Monday! It looks to be family oriented. I'm looking forward to seeing what the movies will be.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am not sure if we get the Hallmark channel here, I will look. I know that we can get some movies on Netflix and often on YouTube which I have. Sometimes our cable provider does a pop up movie channel as well.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here's a list - https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/countdown-to-christmas-2021-preview/**. Do you have the Hallmark Movie Checklist app?
Yes, I do have the app! I like to use the calendar feature to record their programing.
I am not sure if we get the Hallmark channel here, I will look. I know that we can get some movies on Netflix and often on YouTube which I have. Sometimes our cable provider does a pop up movie channel as well.
A few years back, we didn't have the Hallmark Channel so I would watch the older Hallmark Christmas movies on YouTube on the laptop while wrapping gifts. Sometime the movies were hard to find because YouTube would take them down but it did get me in the Christmas spirit!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Yes I am so ready! I don't have Hallmark on Hulu so I use the Frndly app for all my Hallmark channels. Lifetime also advertised their will start soon!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes I am so ready! I don't have Hallmark on Hulu so I use the Frndly app for all my Hallmark channels. Lifetime also advertised their will start soon!
I never heard of the app but just looked it up. Oh my goodness! That looks like a wonderful alternative if you can't get the Hallmark and the other stations. We have cable for sports and local stations but my folks have a Roku and stream from there. I'll pass this on to them. Thanks!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Printing my movie list is what got me on the computer tonight. I look up about 5 channels that show movies. I'll be sure to put the links here for everyone if I find a really good list. There are so many these days, I can't keep track otherwise. I heard there will be 150 new movies on all the channels this year. WOW...not sure I'll watch every single one like I've done the past 2 years because that's ALOT...I mean ALOT!!! This year I got through them all by July, in 2020 I was watching those puppies until September or October. lol

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Took some hunting for this one, but here is the link for the new GAC Family Channel. They have movies up thru November, but I would check back. I heard they will be adding to their schedule. They just launched in September, so I think things are still in the works. https://www.gacfamily.com/celebrations/

Let me add, for those that don't know. A former CEO of Hallmark split and bought another network. They will now be similiar and competing with hallmark. They'll have movies with many of the same stars as Hallmark.

Here is a site with another list that's easy to copy and then print on a word document.

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss and HouseElf

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Reactions: jampss and HouseElf

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks, Michelle, for those links! There certainly are a lot of Christmas movies when you start to look at the number of movies and how many channels or streaming services are showing them. I see that Lifetime is showing new movies every night in December! I'm not sure that I can watch them every night but it is ambitious!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks, Michelle, for those links! There certainly are a lot of Christmas movies when you start to look at the number of movies and how many channels or streaming services are showing them. I see that Lifetime is showing new movies every night in December! I'm not sure that I can watch them every night but it is ambitious!
Definitely ambitious..lol I think it's also why when hallmark does challenges asking what are peoples favorite movies, they pick the old ones, becuase there are too many new ones to keep track. All the names are a blur. Other than Operation Christmas I couldn't tell you a name of a Hallmark Christmas movie recently.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just read that GAC Family and GAC Living will be added to Frndly on Oct. 19th.

GAC Family is airing a 2 hour Christmas movie preview on Saturday night. It's supposed to be shown again through out the week too. It looks like it will be with the old Home and Family team too.

Reactions: jampss