Hallmark Ornaments

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
I LOVE the Hallmark ornaments, I look forward to them every year. I've always collected Raggedy Ann and Andy, but they don't have them this year, kinda' makes me sad. :frown: So, what is Your favorite Hallmark ornament? Old or new. Or do you just colllect a series?

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I don't collect Hallmark ornaments, they are not so big here in the U.K

I'm sorry that they are no longer doing your collection, will you start another one? It would be exciting starting something new.!

Pamelajane.

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
I just collect whatever I think is cute! I do a lot of the Wizard of Oz too, my husband likes the trucks. Mom likes Snoopy. So, I have a decent size collection of just random things. I do have an aunt who does multiple trees, and now that she has a grand daughter, she does one whole Barbie tree just for her and a train tree for the boys. They are adorable! ::eek:rnament:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I enjoy buying their ornaments as gifts every year.

I can always find something that seems to be perfect for one of the folks on my list.

I've never really gotten into collecting a series, though.

I usually pick up at least one ornament for myself each year. Last year was a reindeer, this year it may be the Hoops & Yo-Yo ornament that talks (I love those guys!).

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Every year I purchase a new ornament for each of the 4 kids, their spouses and now grandchildren, and I try to purchase ornaments that mark some accomplishment of the past year or their interest. My husband and I purchase ornaments for each other the same way. On the night we decorate the tree, we open the box of "treasures" last and the kids pull each ornament out and remember which were theirs and the occasion or year each was bought. It's fun to look back on the ornaments from when DS loved Winnie Pooh, and then Batman. Now it's Star Wars. DD has Little Mermaid and Harry Potter. I have angels and Disney Princesses, etc.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My mother-in-law had always gotten my son one, but I have never put them on the tree. She got the ones that moved. Kids sliding down the banister, train going around. My tree is homemade ornaments. She did precious moments for my daughter. She is gone now ( in '95) but the kids will have the ornaments when they get their house.

Hallmark has cute ones.

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Elf I also collect Raggedy Ann and Andy. I haven't seen the ornaments for thi syear yet but that makes me sad too. It is hard for me to find a stopping place with those ornaments. My fav one is probably a glass ball of the Grinch. If it was still in the box unopend it would b e worth something but there's no f un in that. Sometimes I find Raggedy Ann ornaments in other stores. I buy my grandkids one every year as I used to my children. Oh the memories.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i like the wizard of oz i put some jim shore items in layaway

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have been buying my mom a Wizard of Oz ornament for about the last 10 years or better! My mom directed this play one year and then that summer, the highschooler who had played Dorothy, was killed in a car accident...the ornament, each year, is kind of symbolic in that way...

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
I collect angel ornaments, and we also collect ornaments from the places we visit on vacation. We love looking at these reminders of our family's adventures, and DS11 & 10 retell the stories of what we did at each vacation spot. The kids also get to pick out a new ornament each year, and it's a hoot to look back at what they pick from year to year. Sometimes there's logic behind their picks (the soccer ball), and other times, it's just because (the disco ball, the cactus). The boys know that when they have families of their own, they'll have these ornaments to share with their kids - hope they find some nice girls to marry who will work the HHP with me! :grin:

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
I have a gazillion. Well, maybe not a gazillion, but maybe 50-60. I have been collecting them since I graduated from high school incough1979coughcough. My favorite are the Peanuts characters.