Halloween 2014 - postpone party to Nov, 1st?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I already started with planning fall/holiday season including Halloween. As you might remember, I hosted a Halloween Party for DD and she was so excited about this. She already told me that she would like to have a Halloween Party this year again.

But this year, Halloween will be on a Friday. And this is quite bad as most people I would like to invite (moms with their kids) have work until late afternoon/evening on Fridays. I will have a workshop until 4:00pm this day as well.

So it will be very stressful to start this party on time for all of us. So I thought about several solutions:
1, We will not have a party this year (which would be very sad and I would like to avoid this)
2, We have it on Friday, 31st with less people and later (which might be difficult for the smaller kids)
3, We have it the next day, Nov 1st but have no Trick or Treaters running around

What would you do? At the moment I think about the third solution...

Thanks!
Chilli

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Chilli I would either do it the Saturday after or BEFORE Halloween.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Chili, I would do it Nov. 1st or as Lucie said, the Saturday before. Here, football games would be the interference for having it on Friday night. I know many towns are "moving" it to the Saturday nearest to it as the official night to Trick or Treat anyway, so you may still have some trick or treaters. If she's like most kids, the actual day you have it is not as important as that you DO have it! Maybe you can send out some save-the-date cards like people do for weddings...that would be fun to get at an unexpected time.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Has anybody else heard anything about dates for Halloween parties?

At first thought….. the "day after Halloween"….. November 1st…. seems like a logical date for a Halloween party. On second thought….. kids will probably be celebrating on Halloween Night (Friday)…. and will be tired on Saturday. PLUS….. when Halloween is over….. it's SO over! So…. I'm confused. What do you think?