halloween 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I went and did it - I totally, totally splurged!!!!

https://www.menards.com/main/home-d...05-c-12273.htm?tid=6137083512911603338&ipos=7

This bad boy is going to solve two things in one swoop. He'll sit in the back of our truck for the trunk or treat event and we will use him as the centerpiece of our decorations at our campsite this year!

So excited! I got the last box!

So here is what I am thinking: We have a skeleton that is dressed in ghoul like robes that we usually just stick in a tree at our campsite (yes, I know, we're really gone all out in the past, lol)

SO - I know that the hood to the robes comes off the head so I could push those back and attach a wizard hat instead. And I'm thinking of some sort of PVC pipe with a hook on top that could be stuck in the ground near the dragon that the skeleton "wizard" could be hung from.

I picked up a skeleton in a bag on clearance from Target last year and I'm thinking of having those jumbled at the feet of the dragon as a sort of victim. That's about as gruesome as I'm prepared to get!

We'll still have all our light up Jack O'Lanterns - real and plastic ones + orange lights, etc.

I am really getting excited - hope it looks as good in real life as in my head! But even if we just had the dragon I think the kids will get a kick out of it - they had one setup in the store and it caught my eye last week. Been thinking about it (I'm doing a lot of that in this post aren't I?) ever since!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh, and I am determined to dress up this year. Since DH nixed the whole family costume idea I think I am going to do this one!

Or something along these lines anyway! I can buy the tulle from the craft store and make the skirt. I can buy the tights from the Halloween store. I'll wear a black shirt I already have and then get a plain black witches hat and embellish it with extra tulle and faux flowers, fur boas, etc.

I plan to go to Hobby Lobby this Friday to get the tulle!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
WOW..that dragon is amazing and the costume..you go girl!!! I did pick up one jumbo bag of Halloween candy from costco a few weeks ago. 1 down, 2 to go. I try and spread it out for budgeting purposes.