halloween 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This one I can't put my head around just yet... lol

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It is a little early. ..BUT it never hurts to give some thought!!! We are actually going to book our Halloween campsites tomorrow, 6 months out from 1st day of trip is soonest we can book and sites go FAST!

I'd like to give some thought to any additions to camp site decor...want it as frugal as possible which means DIY which means starting early!!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
It is a little early. ..BUT it never hurts to give some thought!!! We are actually going to book our Halloween campsites tomorrow, 6 months out from 1st day of trip is soonest we can book and sites go FAST!

I'd like to give some thought to any additions to camp site decor...want it as frugal as possible which means DIY which means starting early!!!

I want to do more DIY fall/Halloween decorations this year too

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Halloween campsite...now that sound fun!!!! Is this something you do every year? Only excitement I get now is Trunk or Treat at Church.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Yes, we go campfire Halloween every year. We don't do very much decorating of campsite compared to most people. These folks go ALL out, entire structures, it's crazy. One guy built a huge wooden pirate ship he brings in on a flat bed! Complete with marshmallow cannons! Lol

We got a 10ft blow up, light up dragon last year and the kids, especially the littlest ones, really seemed to like that!

Trick or treat is always 4pm to 6pm the Saturday before Halloween. We camp Wednesday thru Sunday :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
All things falling into place, the movers will be here the last week of October so there won't be any Halloween/harvest decorating in our house. I am excited to see what the gift shop will have for the season - they always have such great home decor.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
140 days till halloween we will be putting out stuff in 2 weeks at work for halloween

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lucie, How about Lucy and Ricky from the I Love Lucy show. Fifty costumes wouldn't be too hard.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
thats a cool idea thats the best old show i watch it every morning. costumes would be fun

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
That would be fun too! I was looking at either an ice cream man for dh (need to make some felt cones and find that hot-dog kind of hat) or a gnome (need to make a felt hat and find the accessories) or even a leprechaun (need green pants).
for me haven't decided yet

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Do you have Crayola crayons in Canada or another popular brand? This is a cute idea and not too difficult to put together.Crayola Costume.jpg

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I think I have my costume... a snake charmer... I've got pointed shoes with jewelry studs on it, a blouse from Morroco, some silk pants I bought at some thrift store and a gold turban. Only need a basket with a fake snake in it and a flute.

I'll look up something for dh

Reactions: PamelaG

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Last year I gave up our Halloween party, Boo!Bash. My nephew and his wife took the reins and did a great job. I miss planning it and having it but not the actual getting it ready and cleaning up. We’re too old and arthritic these days.
I do still try to decorate a little. I love Halloween and miss walking the neighborhood with the kids and our friends.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cathymac2 - Last year, our youngest who was in 5th grade, out of the blue asked if she could go to another neighborhood to trick or treat. We never saw it coming since my husband enjoys going out with the kids and chatting with the neighbors. It was a very odd feeling for the both of us. We almost wanted to go door to door to say "Hi!" to the neighbors. ;)

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Cathymac2 - Last year, our youngest who was in 5th grade, out of the blue asked if she could go to another neighborhood to trick or treat. We never saw it coming since my husband enjoys going out with the kids and chatting with the neighbors. It was a very odd feeling for the both of us. We almost wanted to go door to door to say "Hi!" to the neighbors. ;)

Totally understand!