halloween 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went to Bath and Body works to get my Fall and Halloween soap, but some lady had come in when the "secret" sale posted and bought all the Halloween soap they had. It was super cute and I wanted Vampire blood.

Well that is a bummer... Their bottles are designed really cute.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I think I'm actually going to skip Trunk or Treat at church this year. That's a HUGE decision in my life!! We'll see how guilty I feel as the time gets closer, but I think I'm going to have a date night with my hubby instead.

Michelle, I've had to make a similar decision a few years ago. It was traditional for our family to attend an annual festival out of state but then another festival started nearby on the same weekend and my family wanted to try that one. I felt so guilty bailing out on the first one. I don't like disappointing people and I don't like upsetting the apple cart. I tend to put other people's needs in front of my own needs.

We've been attending the second festival ever since. Last year, the dates of the two festivals fell on two different weekends. We attended both festivals. The family still prefers the local festival.

That's a fun Halloween picture. :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Yeah Mary. Honestly my husband doesn't like to go to the church activity. But then again, he'd be happy if he never socialized..lol I think it's important to just show up sometimes. Before I was literally the only one who would actually decorate my car for trunk or treat so I felt bad for the kids. Last year we had a boundary change and with more people involved others decorated their cars. So I feel like it won't disappoint the kids as much. I'm known to be the big holiday junkie of course so they all know I'll be doing something fun.

And to answer your question I give out fun size candy bars as well. I buy 3 big bags a year at Costco. One for home, one for donating to the city and one for the trunk or treat kids.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
love the little hand santizers. i have some too. i decorated my bathroom for halloween on sat

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I make candy bags, with one fun size candy bar, one lollipop, 1 candy roll and another candy added. all wrapped up individually otherwise they get thrown away.
Usually 125 per year . Last year 250 as they had a Halloween special with games in our street. Just got a message this weekend that they will be doing it again. Not sure I'll make 250 again... it's quite expensive or I give less to each.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw some wrapped lollypops at the supermarket last week. I think that they may be a great thing to have on hand in case anyone pops in. I think that there were 40 in the bag so that will be plenty.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Hey...I have my candy bought!! Proud of myself on this one. I usually buy 3 bags of Costco candy, but only need two this year. One for home and one to donate. I got them both!! Whoop..whoop!! :p

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hey...I have my candy bought!! Proud of myself on this one. I usually buy 3 bags of Costco candy, but only need two this year. One for home and one to donate. I got them both!! Whoop..whoop!! :p

LOL! Why do I feel like I totally understand this excitement?! I still have to get our candy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got our lollies on Thursday. I got wrapped fun size snickers/mars bars etc and mini rolls of mentos. I am now hoping that we get a few trick or treaters. If not we will be having a few treats here.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I picked up our candy and now it is out of sight so we don't eat it. ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Made 237 bags of candies with the help of mom & sis this weekend. today went up to the attic and got out a few outside decorations and the lit pumpking for inside. Not putting up much inside this year.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Made 237 bags of candies with the help of mom & sis this weekend
That is a lot of candy! I am going to find out was left at my former employer's tomorrow and may purchase that at cost and will use that.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I pulled out the Halloween decorations and have them put up.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Mary, I literally toss our giant bag of candy into the corner of my closet before anyone in the house knows they are here...I sneak them in and poof they are gone until needed.

Because I've been traveling I don't have any decorations out. I'll probably scale it down this year, but I have my stuff pulled down and ready to go through. I hope that gets done this week, but we'll see. I have a ton going on and gone a lot unfortunately.

My cards are made and ready to address. I have some fun ones made for my nieces and nephews too. They are some coffins and bats you open like a trifold. The boys will especially like them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will decorate this weekend. As Halloween is still relatively new here in Australia I will keep decorating low key. I have a pumpkin to hold the lollies and I will decorate the year round wreath. I have a happy Halloween sign that I have printed off and will frame.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
All my Halloween swaps are going out in the mail tomorrow as well as my cards. I did get my indoor decor out and now tomorrow I finally get to work outside. This Sunday it will be 70, last Sunday it was 19. Just a tad bit better conditions to work outside. I don't think I"ll put all my stuff up, but at least a couple blow ups. I'll be back with an update. Maybe I can even get some pumpkin bread backed this weekend. That would be awesome!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We've had our first frost! The temperatures have been in the 50's. It's really starting to feel like Halloween! 10 more days!