halloween 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
its 220 days till halloween. just thought about it bc my grandson said he wants to be a painter this year his dad and papa is a painter. still have plenty of time to think about it

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
What fun to do a painters costume. You have to get a photo of him with his dad and papa in their painting clothes.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
That sounds like a fun costume. I've seen gallon paint pails at Home Depot. I wonder if they have smaller sizes available.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
That sounds super cute!!!

I need to start giving thought to Halloween costumes too! We'll be attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - on Sept 20th!!! o_O

A little early for Halloween I know, but don't tell Disney that.

We'll need costumes for DS and myself that are warm weather friendly. Yes, by gum, I am going to wear some sort of costume. Just haven't figured it out yet!

Then we'll need costumes for when we get back and are in the cold weather again for the actual holiday in October.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I bought part of my costume last year, but never finished, so I'm going to be a crazy cat lady. I have a floral pink suit that is priceless, a pink box hat that is awesome and some pink reading glasses. I've go to find some more stuffed cats to fill a large purse with and place on my body a few places. I'll probably just wear it to trunk or treat and maybe the elections office if I'm working there, but we'll see.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I won't be wearing a costume but I am so excited for Halloween/harvest because all of my décor will be here at the new house and I'll be able to finally have a good rummage through to see what I can use and what I should finally Konmari out of the house. I think I have five bins of stuff, definitely time to go through it all.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The painters costume sounds adorable. And the crazy cat lady- if I wasn't married I wouldn't need a costume because I would be a crazy cat lady. How fun!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I need to start giving thought to Halloween costumes too! We'll be attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - on Sept 20th!!! o_O

What a great memory Halloween 2019 will be for you guys. You'll have to update us with your costume decisions.

I bought part of my costume last year, but never finished, so I'm going to be a crazy cat lady. I have a floral pink suit that is priceless, a pink box hat that is awesome and some pink reading glasses. I've go to find some more stuffed cats to fill a large purse with and place on my body a few places. I'll probably just wear it to trunk or treat and maybe the elections office if I'm working there, but we'll see.

You've got me in tears from laughing so hard. Oh my goodness! That sounds like a classic! Seriously, you could run errands with that costume and everyone smiling, if not laughing.

I won't be wearing a costume but I am so excited for Halloween/harvest because all of my décor will be here at the new house and I'll be able to finally have a good rummage through to see what I can use and what I should finally Konmari out of the house. I think I have five bins of stuff, definitely time to go through it all.

Are you finding it easier to get rid of things after moving?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I ordered 6 tombstones from walmart (clearance $4 instead of $18). I had one I had made but it was all broken and threw it out last Halloween. For $4 it's even less than the dollarstore.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
What a great memory Halloween 2019 will be for you guys. You'll have to update us with your costume decisions.

You've got me in tears from laughing so hard. Oh my goodness! That sounds like a classic! Seriously, you could run errands with that costume and everyone smiling, if not laughing.

Are you finding it easier to get rid of things after moving?
Yes, living in a mostly empty house for the last month is making me seriously consider a less cluttered approach to decorating. I have a lot of things that are out everywhere and I'm thinking it might be time for a change. We'll see. When I finally get everything, I may change my mind again.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Halloween sounds like a fun holiday.
Faye, the painters costume sounds adorable.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
ugggg....I need stuffed cats...hahaha..I need to remind my kid. She's in Utah and they have the cheapest thrift stores around. The cost at mine are crazy..I'm sure she can get them for like .25 cents or .50 cents a piece.

And Mary I'm late to read this, like 3 months late..haha...but I should totally wear my costume around town. or to WAL MART!! Now I'm making myself laugh!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i bought a cute snoopy dressed in a pumpkin jack o lantern outfit. its so cute. got it at hallmark today

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Halloween is not an Australian holiday but is getting more and more popular. I am no sure yet whether or not to buy lollies just in case. We did last year and no one knocked. Will think on this a bit more.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
i bought a cute snoopy dressed in a pumpkin jack o lantern outfit. its so cute. got it at hallmark today
I have a Snoopy in a pumpkin that moves across the floor when you turn it on. It used to drive MudLynn crazy but Spectra is so playful, she'll probably get a kick out of it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was in the grocery store last night. They had their Halloween candy display box up in the seasonal section of the store.