halloween 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
At the supermarkets and dollar stores here there are finally signs of halloween. Mum and I bought stickers that say things like Zomble potion and spider venom and we put those on bottles of orange, green and red soft drink. I bought some lollypops yesterday and will buy some fun sized mars bars to put in a large pumpkin bowl that I have. If we get trick and treaters we will be set, if not we will eat the lollies here.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Love the decorated soft drink bottles idea - have always wanted to do that!

I bought a small amount of candy - in fall color theme wrappers - to go in jar I made for front office staff at DS's school...was planning on getting Hershey's Kisses in the fall color wrappers but they were no where to be found. I always see those! And the one time I am looking for them....ah well...

I will work on DS's Halloween costume this weekend - ordering part and planning DIY for the rest...

AND excited to put up Halloween decor this weekend as well!

Will also be pulling out all the camping decor items and getting started on camper prep for our trip in general. Picked up a new inflatable ghost for our collection. :)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Halloween decor done!

Ordered main elements for DS's cold weather costume today - will work with him on designing the rest of it. We have a Halloween party to go to this weened.

It's a trunk or treat event so we'll be taking the blow ups. Need to make it to Sam's one day this week to buy all the candy for party and for camping trick or treat event.

Still working on packing camper and finalizing camping menu for Halloween.

DS was so excited to see all the Halloween decor lit up on the front porch this morning! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Halloween is out in full at the shops. I have bought some fun sized chocolates and lollie pops. Will put them in a big pumpkin bowl that I have. Will not do this until I get back from holidays around the 28th of October as we will gradually eat them if they are out.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I had to downscale Halloween because of a pending surgery so I only put out one blow up on Monday and yesterday before our snow came in we had a horrible wind storm. I look out the window and it's blowing across my yard. That rarely happens here, but it pulled out all 6 stakes that were holding it down. Geezz...so I gotta go put it back up. booo!!!
As far as candy I did get my one bag of Costco candy bought for the house, but I still need 1 for the city event they have. I usually try and donate one big bag a year. I need to remember to do that on my next run.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I look out the window and it's blowing across my yard. That rarely happens here, but it pulled out all 6 stakes that were holding it down.

That must have been quite a sight! And snow?! Wow!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Oh yeah Mary, Denver was all over the news because in less than 24 hours we went from 83 to 11 degrees. That number varies by a degree from each newscast it seems but 80's to low teens. Literally we were dying at 3pm because it was over 80 and we'd already turned the swamp cooler off and by 6:30 or 7 it was in the 40's and we had snow and cold in the morning. One of the 2 biggest drops on record ever..... gotta love it!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Crazy weather!!!!

Our Halloween party we attended this past weekend went great! DS won for best boy's costume (or should I say DH and I won since we made it, lol)

I've been working a little bit every day on getting the camper ready for our Halloween trip next week - very excited!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Our community switched the trick or treating day from the Sunday afternoon before Halloween to the Saturday afternoon before Halloween last year and we didn't get anyone. Not sure what will happen this year. I am not sure how to prepare. I think I am going to get non-food items (plastic spiders, glow sticks, or maybe gum) and just have it on hand if some one comes. I will get something special for neighbor's grandson.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We (meaning LC1 and DD) have made over 100 plastic gloves of candy so far. They made some more today and I'll make more tomorrow. I'd like to have all 300 gloves done by the end of this weekend.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Forgot to say I did finish assembling 30 treat bags of non-candy items for DS's classmates - they turned out cute!

Pick Your Poison candy jar is all ready to deliver to his school's front office staff.

Struggling to find small - inexpensive - tubes of foot cream to go with the Trick or Treat Smell Me Feet - No Really! tags I made for giving to teacher and his two aides. Hand cream is all over the place, foot cream not so much. Even Bath and Body Works only had larger container at way more than I can afford.

Will look at Walmart today and maybe try Target - then I'm out of ideas. Internet searching didn't turn up alot either but I will try again.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Struggling to find small - inexpensive - tubes of foot cream to go with the Trick or Treat Smell Me Feet - No Really! tags I made for giving to teacher and his two aides. Hand cream is all over the place, foot cream not so much. Even Bath and Body Works only had larger container at way more than I can afford.

Will look at Walmart today and maybe try Target - then I'm out of ideas. Internet searching didn't turn up alot either but I will try again.

Maybe the travel section of Walmart/Target/Drug stores may have something? Dollar Tree?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Forgot to say I did finish assembling 30 treat bags of non-candy items for DS's classmates - they turned out cute!

Pick Your Poison candy jar is all ready to deliver to his school's front office staff.

Avon has foot creamhttps://www.avon.com/product/avon-foot-works-deep-moisturizing-cream-58565

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Nothing fancy as far as candy for me, but I am super proud that I actually got my donation bag of candy to the city before the last day. Normally i wait..and even forget all together, but it is dropped off!! I have our candy bought and in the closet hiding from my husband...lol..and I'm not sure yet if I'm going to trunk or treat yet at church. I was suppose to have my surgery next week, but it's looking like the 29th and I'm not sure I really want to go to trunk or treat and add more work for myself. So we'll see...I may change my mind since it may be the only Halloween fun I have.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD and I filled more gloves this morning. We emptied another box of gloves. We have 2 1/2 plastic crates filled. I told her I was done. It’s over 200 gloves so hope it will be enough.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Can you guys share pictures of your hands? I have a visual in my head, but I'd love to see them if you can.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Those are AWESOME!!!!

Just had a meeting with some co-workers to plan our part to annual pediatrics Halloween event for our hospital...I will be wearing my Kevin costume again and everyone else will either dress up as explorers or other animals...

I have to go home tonight and dig out the plastic Pith helmets and binoculars left over from DS's birthday a few years ago for folks to wear as part of their costumes. I just KNEW that I should hang to to those, LOL

I also need to dig through upstairs and gather various bottles of bubbles, LED finger lights, stickers, and unopened Happy meal toys to contribute to the prizes for the kids. No food/candy allowed this year :(

We'll have some simple games for them to play and they get to pick prizes. I can't wait!

Almost have the camper completely prepped for our Halloween trip this week - will setup camper on Wednesday and then officially start staying at the campground after DS gets out of school on Thursday.