Halloween Countdown 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
It's getting close to fall.....so just a reminder:

The Halloween Countdown Starts Sunday September 19th

You can find all the information for a successful Halloween Countdown:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/?page_id=113

There are also suggestions for children's books to read weekly. Links to a weekly craft and links to printable divider pages and the weekly lists....So get your notebooks ready!!

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
YAY! It's almost time to get ready for my second favorite holiday ;)
I'll be dusting off my Halloween NB tonight!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My middle son's favorite holiday! Hoping to have some new steps on our porch for all the visiting ghosts and goblins this year :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm seriously looking forward to this...going to try to throw a bit of cleaning into it this year too!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yep, I will be gearing towards Halloween starting August... so much I WISH to do, but none I really HAVE to do if I run out of time. My costume is half finished but haven't started on DH & DS's.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
What are you going to be this year Lucie? I don't remember.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Should be a rag doll. My bloomers & petticoat are done. Need to find striped new-high socks & a blouse with ruffled sleeves. I also have to check if the rag-doll wig I had made for my DD one year (she was pipi longstocking) fits me or if I have to make a new one.

For DH I want him to be a garden gnome but nothing is done so don't know if it'll be that and I had Indiana Jones for DS... nothing done there either. I need to go to the used-stuff store to look.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
love Halloween-starting to get the decorations out today-

Woman

dracula-would love to have his picture but don't know how to get it

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Off to find a pic of the costume I want to make for DH. I can't wait for my day weeks to start.. it'll help me off.

I think I'll make a spider lair in the bathroom. Yesterday I briefly saw Martha's Halloween & she had it in there, talk about coincidence! So I just quickly looked through it and it gave me more ideas.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Debbie, I just looked at your fall blog spot. Do you plan to decorate as much this year as last?

We are going to be camping the week-end of Halloween. I am thinking about taking some decorations with us. I saw some cute ideas on a web site that wouldn't take up too much room or time to make after we get there. I wonder if I should take candy in case there are children of campers who trick-or-treat?

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Girl I always decorate as much as humanly possible LOL
what I m talking about is that on the Christmas count down all the work is done the fist week of December so you have the rest of the month to enjoy yourself. So shouldn't the Halloween count down start sooner so that your done with the stress stuff the first week of October?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Rain again today and tomorrow - I am hoping for a break to put out the spiders. A little sad that they are calling for rain here ALL weekend - including Halloween night! Poor kids.