Halloween Countdown 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This year the Halloween Countdown is scheduled to start September 22nd!!

:dracula:

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

Today I started getting my Halloween Notebook ready....some nice new party planner pages and just tidying it up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have a whole binder dedicated to Halloween, will have to go through it this week.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I'm back and working on the Boo!Bash. I hope to make it more of an "event" and get some good photos to put into a portfolio for my event planning business. It's one week before a huge wedding we're planning, but it will be worth the extra work to have a big "do". I will post a thread with details later.

Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to!

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I'm desperate to organize Halloween stuff! Between now and the week after Labor Day, I'm going through the holiday totes and eliminating some of the house decorations.

I need an idea -- theme -- for Halloween decorations -- they are all over the universe. I'll be honest....I'd like some classy fall decorations and send all of DH's zombies to die in someone else's garage. I'd like to be able to decorate over Labor Day and not have to change out or add to the decorations until after Thanksgiving for Christmas. Seriously...I have to find a way to keep the spooky eyeball lights from working ever again and to find a home for Yoric (the skull).

Christmas is angel motif or tartan plaid for Christmas.
January will be snowmen. February 1-14 will be hearts/classic romance movies. Feb 20th to March 20th is green and shamrocks. March to May 20th is spring and daisies. May 20th to Labor Day will be Americana, red white and blue.

I'm trying to decide about Easter. I have a tote full of rabbit motif things I bought from Avon 20 years ago and haven't used in 5 years. I imagine it's time to sell them to a good home.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've also gotten rid of a ton of the "cheesy" store bought stuff, so I'm hoping to add some more homemade decorations this year. I bought some nice candelabra's I've been wanting to do something with for awhile.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My daughters birthday is in the beginning of OCt but we are having her party at end of the month as she wants a halloween themed costume party :)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My boys are both "Halloween" fanatics...we decorate just about every room (except the master bed & bath). I have told DS8 that we can't begin decorating until after his belated b'day party on September 15th, but I can certainly get our decorations in order in the basement before then.

As for parties, last year we ended up unofficially hosting several relatives and local families for Halloween after Superstorm Sandy. It was a lot of fun and everyone pitched in...we may need to do that again!

I'd also love to have an adult Halloween dinner party - with the classic Universal monsters theme. That might be a pipe dream this year...but it's fun to think about it!

gameshowguy2000

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Garland, TX
www.myspace.com
I think the Halloween countdown has started at many stores...look at all the candy that's out. That usually comes out first.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I figure the candy out now if what was leftover from last year. lol

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I was in CVS last night and they had Halloween decorations out! No candy yet, but DH and I were all excited, lol. They had some nice fall decor too. I really want a glass pumpkin this year.