Halloween Countdown 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The Halloween Countdown starts September 21st. It is a six week countdown to help you plan Halloween, everything from enjoying the season with crafts and trips to the pumpkin farm, to party planning, to costume making and party favors for school parties. Let's enjoy the "kickoff" to the fall season and get ready for Halloween (The Magical Holiday Home way!)

Here's a link to the Halloween Countdown page:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/magic/?page_id=113

:ghost:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD has her costume so we need to do a practice make up run.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Perfect timing! I have a wedding on Sept 20, so I will have very little time to focus on Boo!Bash8 details prior to the countdown. Now I can plan with all of you! I love this time of year and I love countdowns! It's a win-win!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We are planning another custume party for my daughters birthday this year. Looking to plan it mid month as we want to try to have it indoors and outside with a fire pit going.

She is turning 13 this year so we want to have a bigger party then what she had lastyear. It got cold so quickly last year that we wound up having it inside.

We are thinking about cleaning out the garage and converting that to dance floor. All plans are still a work in progress.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great plan, Gingerbug! Thank you!

Have the weeks posted to my calendar - will take some time to review tasks and tweak to our circumstances this year. No party this year for example, etc.

Fall is almost here!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm not planning any parties but I think I may follow along just because. I love fall and visiting the pumpkin patch, shopping for fall decor, etc. during the countdown I believe will be fun.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was planning in advance and emailed a msg to the city to help out with the Safe Street event for the kids. My daughter enjoyed it as a kid and now that's she's off to school, I figure it would be fun to give back and volunteer. I did the same thing for the Christmas event. I wanted to JUST DO IT, so I didn't put it off and find something "more important" in the moment. I was pretty proud of myself... now I have an excuse for a costume too... (wink..wink)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Perfect timing! It looks like we will be hosting most of the "young families" in our neighborhood again this year before trick or treating. It's not so much a "party" as a quick, somewhat nutritious ;) dinner and a place for everyone to some back to...the little kids get tired fast so we usually set up a little craft or movie.

Thanks for keeping us on track, Ginger! I love reading everyone's BooBash plans!

RoniJo

Premiere Member
Jul 2, 2014
This year my DS12 says he's not going trick or treating this year. I guess I'm gonna have to come up with something else to do on Halloween. I'm going to miss costume shopping and seeing all the Halloween decorations.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Wonderful!

This year I have decided to take the day off, and spend some time at home enjoying the season. Looking very much forward to it!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was thinking about our Halloween card swap today, while making Christmas cards. I wonder if we're going to have one this year here on the board. It's always fun!

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I can't wait to bore you to tears with all my plans! I like to write things down to figure it out. Next week!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids and I have been seeing all sorts of really great Halloween decorations in the stores. We have a nice little porch on the front of our new house, so we are getting excited about decorating for Halloween.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is such a wonderful time of year: Not too hot, not too cold…. "just right" to be outside! It IS fun to see everyone's Halloween decorations!