Halloween Countdown: Week One!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Halloween Countdown Week One: Ready Set BOO!!!

It’s BOO WEEK….time to get organized! This is the week for planning, calendars, and lists. We will break down the preparations into small, simple steps and create a framework for Halloween planning over the next six weeks. Let’s work on setting up a Halloween Planner or notebook this week, check out the home front, and get ready to enjoy the beauty of autumn!

To Do This Week:

[ ] Plan on spending a short amount of time each day thinking and planning for fall and the activites that occur during the autumn months.

[ ] Set up a Halloween/Autumn planner in a notebook or binder. Or create a section in your seasonal planner for Halloween

[ ] Create a cover and spine for your notebook, Scrap photos from past Halloweens or search magazines for lovely autumn pictures to use. Add section dividers and you are all ready!

[ ] Make or find a planning calendar. For the Halloween Planner you will need the months of September and October. If you are creating a Autumn Planner you will need September -November since you may include Thanksgiving in this planner.

[ ] Copy, paste and print each of the weekly lists or you may access printable versions through the link listed at the end of each week. You may file these behind your calendars in the notebook or perhaps you prefer to create six sections and place each one behind the correct section.

[ ] Autumn traditions: Spend a bit of time thinking about fun autumn traditions. Which ones have you enjoyed in the past? What are some new ones you would like to add?

[ ] Planning a Halloween or autumn party? Create or print some party planner pages to use as you begin planning the event. Or make simple lists for guests, menu, shopping list, game list, and decorations to make or buy.

[ ] Once you have your guest list started, locate addresses and copy or print them. File them in your notebook.

[ ] Pumpkin Patch visit: Look at the calendar and jot down a date for this wonderful fall activity.

[ ] Pick the date for your party and get it on the calendar also.

Things To Print and Set Up:

Week One List

Calendars

Notebook Cover and Spine

Party Planning Lists

Address list for invitations and/or cards

Children’s Book for the Week: Trick or Treat on Milton Street

Craft of the Week: Spirit Jugs From FamilyFun.com

Shopping List for the Week:
•Notebook or planner to use
•Materials for making invitations or invitations
•Non perishable food items for party

Printable Page Link: Week One

Printable Divider Link: Divider Week One

Halloween Countdown Copyright 2007 Ginger B. Schenck All Rights Reserved

To get to the links etc.... go to:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/magic/?page_id=113

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Today was a perfect fall day to think about Hallowe'en. Leaves are changing colours, there is a nip in the wind - and the promise of apples reading to be picked.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks, Ginger!

The boys and I went to a Scarecrow Festival yesterday...they painted pumpkins and we stuffed our own scarecrow for the front yard and bought pretty mums. This week we will be decorating the inside of the house (while DH is away on business!)

Last year, after Hurricane Sandy, we ended up hosting family and several neighbors on Halloween. We had dinner/crafts and then the kids went out to trick or treat. I wanted to do that again this year, but I'm not sure I can get everything done. We'll see. This plan would certainly help!!!

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I am on it!! I have a Boo!Bash notebook that I'll be updating today with this year's plans. We had to move inside last year due to weather, so this year's plans are just a tweak of last years. I am adding a few things so I need to work on those details.

I watched "Hocus Pocus" last night to get in the mood!! Happy haunting everyone!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Turns out the costume we found for DD friend last year at the after Halloween sales is a wolf not a cat. Not that anyone can tell it's a wolf instead of a cat. I told the friend we would set up a day to practice make for it so I will have to find out which she wants to be before printing out ideas from (who other) Printerest. We have everything for DDs already including some socks she got as a birthday gift from someone who didn't know they were perfect.