Halloween Debrief 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
:frankenstein:

So, how many tricks and treaters this year?

We had about 76, I had made 60 bags of treats - they started to come around at 6 and I ran out at 8pm and started to hand out sodas - I could of offered acorn or butternut squash but I do not think there would be any takers! ;)

Overall a great Halloween!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm not sure how many we had since I just left the bowl on the porch but it was almost empty when we returned. It had 2 large bags of mixed candy in it. It didn't seem as busy as last year around here, probably because of the rain.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made 129 bags.. gave 20 to dd to bring to her dorm. 3 bags were sent via mom for nieces & nephews = 106 bags left to give - had 95 trick or treaters... so have 11 left (1 is for dniece who forgot to come :( ).

Thinking if no party next year will put less stuff up ... at least in the LR.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Only 6, four little ones and two teens who were dressed. May have had a few more if we'd left the lights on for another hour but I doubt our total would have been even up to 10. It was raining.

DD took four bags of the gloves to her work on Tuesday to hand out and those other workers were so glad to get them. I think we will do it again next year.

purplecrush

Premiere Member
My DD15 and DS17 were at parties last night, so it was the first time my husband and I were alone. Ive never handed out candy before~ ever! I got 6 bags of candy and was so excited for the Trick or Treaters to come....we only got 13 :( I was so bummed. 13!! How sad is that!? I have to say though, that everyone that came said " Trick or Treat" and "Please" and " Thank you"!! I was so happy :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Out of our 6 only one mother told the kids to say Trick or Treat and only the two teen said Thanks.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
We took the kids out for about 1 1/2 hours and then they said that was enough. When we got home we had only 3 trick or treaters. they were bigger kids probably 12-13 years old. they were polite and said thank you. My mom had several while we were at her house and they were polite. We live right in the center of town and it's a good neighborhood (not one of the ritzy ones with the really big houses though) and we saw very few kids out. I heard people at work saying they took their kids to the rich neighborhoods where they got more candy. To me that just teaches kids to be greedy. JMO. It's fun to go in your own neighborhood and talk to people you know. I guess I'm just old fashioned.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dawn you are so right about being in your own neighborhood.

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
We had a kind of wacky Halloween this year. One of the neighbors in our cul-de-sac didn't get many trick or treaters so she wanted to set up a table and give out candy. She put out the word that you could join in if you wanted to. We waited for like forever for the doorbell to ring. turns out she had moved her table so far up the street they thought no one else in the cul de sac was participating in handing out candy. We were confused and certainly would have joined in if we knew EVERYONE was going to join them...besides i like getting compliments on my decorations at my house. Maybe if it were more organized via a note in your mailbox? Anyway, someone noticed we had our lights on and they started directing the kids our way. We had maybe 30 or so. We missed the little ones who came in the earlier hour.