Halloween decorating?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I love to decorate - outside for Halloween. Inside - no. I don't know why.

We have hundreds of feet of outside street-side bushes. (We live on a corner). i LOVE to fill them with non-scary Halloween decorations. I have added things each day of October this year- and I haven't even gotten most of them down from the attic yet.

Not very many people decorate outside for Halloween in our neighborhood. But it seems that everyone has pumpkins. Some people do scary decorations. Everyone in the neighborhood LOVES trick-or-treaters and the elementary school population is BIG!!! So the street traffic is really busy on Halloween! (NOT cars. Parents and kids.)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Me it's mostly inside. Would love it outside but it's so windy that everything gets torn apart every year.

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I don't really decorate for Halloween--mostly just a "Fall" theme going on. I don't put much outside either. Always afraid it will get taken! LOL! I do put a scarecrow (one of those on a stick) in a big flower pot by the front entrance & put some silk sunflowers around the base of that. Then a little rake thing with a sign on that says "Happy Fall" on the other side of the door. A leaf garland around the front door with a matching wreath on the door and then a pumpkin or two sitting by the big flower pot. Oh, and a have a neat Fall mailbox cover I put out on the mailbox. I do alot of Fall decorating on the inside, though! Did all mine this weekend, in fact. Just love it! :jack:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I too basically decorate for fall. I live in a small apartment complex with very few kids and the main doors to the buildings are locked so it's hard for kids to come trick or treat. Anyway I have a neighbor who decorates her balcony for almost every type of holiday and season. Monday night I arrived home to see that she had really outdid herself for Halloween. Her balcony was covered with spiderwebs, ghouls, lights - the works. It looks really nice. I hope to run into her to get permission to take a picture.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I would love to decorate outside, and often purchase a little something here and there, with that purpose in mind.

But then the annual craziness hits - and somehow I never get around to it.

I do have Halloween signs on both doors, and a pumpkin sitting on our front step, but that is it.

Inside I have put up a few Halloween things, nothing major, just addtional touches here and there to the Fall things I put out a few weeks ago.

But I do admire the decorations that other people put up, I saw a really cute front porch the other day - very simple - just 3 of those fake Jack o'lanterns lit up, arranged among some hay on a little table with some orange lights strung in front.

It looked great! I would love to do that next year!

HolidayAngel

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
I never really got to decorate for halloween since I got married. My mil lived with us and she didn't like the holidays. but things are different right now so I went all out for halloween. I made a witchy pumpkin topiary,bought some halloween signs, spider webs, garland with lights,pumpkins that light up and I have a witch that crashed into a tree, a scarecrow and a witch post in the garden. I am LOVING it

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
I finally got my porch decorated today-I always put cornstalks on the porch columns and a bale of hay on the porch next to the front door with a wooden wagon on the hay filled with gourds and then a big pumpkin next to the wagon with several of those tiny pumpkins at the bottom of the wagon- I have a wreath on my door with a Happy Halloween sign under it-I also have a scarecrow in the flower bed in front of the porch with a spotlight on it at night and several little scarecrows at different spots in other flower beds-lots of mums and my burning bush at the end of the porch lite with white lights-I will take the Halloween sign down after the 31st-put up something for Thanksgiving and leave everything up till it is time to decorate for Christmas-now I just have to finish the inside of the house. WOMAN :hat: :boo: