Halloween Games/crafts for 8-9 year olds?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hello everyone! I am looking for fun games or activities for a school Halloween party for 3rd graders.

I was thinking that we'd play the mummy game (each team of 2 gets a roll of toilet paper and you see which team can "wrap" someone the fastest.

What else?

I am desperate...the teacher has declared NO FOOD ALLOWED, so the kids are already disappointed and disgruntled parents are emailing me, "Why bother?" Seriously, I might have to smack some of them. I know we can have fun without goodies!

Thank you in advance for you help!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You could do pumpkin bowling. You arrange empty 2 liter bottles (or you could put a little sand in the bottom) and then use a small pumpkin to roll down the lane to knock them over. Touchy feely station, cooked spaghetti for brains, peeled grapes for eyeballs, raisins for witches warts, etc.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
From our class party:

Pin the head on Mr. Bones (skeleton)
We did the bowling ghosts with 2 litre bottles, foam pumpkin
Painting pumpkins
Witch hat ring toss
Musical chairs (we used straw bales but could be regular chairs)
Toss the bean bag into the monsters mouth (Frankenstien head - box)
Mask decorating (this was a hit with the girls)
Spider stomp (string tied to a balloon then to childs ankle - balloon with streamers)
Witch relay race (race down to end - put on dress and hat, ride broom back and switch)
Photobooth
Cursed Pumpkin (like hot potato)

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i bought 4 plastic pumpkins and 4 plastic couldrons from £1shop in uk, made some mini bean bags and the kids had to throw them into the tubs