Halloween Inspiration

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
Hello Peeps...I know Halloween is a still a little away but i am looking for some inspiration on how to make Halloween 2022 special....I usually do the same thing year after year....2 carved pumpkins in the driveway...Halloween projector in the main window and wanda the witch (animated) in the lobby for the kidos to see when they come to the door.....who else to ask but you fine people across the pond as you guys are best when it comes to decorating for Halloween., :)

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
My Halloween decor is wrapped into my general Fall items. Linens, table runners and side-table pieces are in plaids with browns, burgundies, and deep oranges.. I'll swap to autumn pillar candles, add a cornucopia that incorporates miniature pumpkins, and swap out seasonal artwork and candy dishes. On the buffet, I'll have a display with glass and glazed pumpkins that can stay out thru Thanksgiving. I have a light-up pumpkin for the porch, and I use a handled basket lined with an orange Halloween napkin to hold treats for the trick or treaters. The only other outdoor decor is a Halloween garden flag (used to do a full-sized pumpkin flag, when I had the house, but home owners' association rules ...) and an autumn wreath for the front door, to which I'll spruce up with Halloween ribbon and ornamentation. Aside from the wreath, everything fits into a single bin for off-season storage.

Reactions: homemade4me

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hello Peeps...I know Halloween is a still a little away but i am looking for some inspiration on how to make Halloween 2022 special....I usually do the same thing year after year....2 carved pumpkins in the driveway...Halloween projector in the main window and wanda the witch (animated) in the lobby for the kidos to see when they come to the door.....who else to ask but you fine people across the pond as you guys are best when it comes to decorating for Halloween., :)
What type of custome do you wear? Does it do to be updated? Last year we were going to do a circus theme but then I ended up having a surgery sceduled on Nov 1st. DD dressed as a squirrel to hand out candy.

Reactions: frostythesnowman

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I used to do Halloween parties and 'themes' in each room... HPotter (mandrake plant, fortune telling class, pixie, school color scarves, black family tree (just printed it out on the web),... all easy stuff. In the bathroom we had a murder scene, a morgue in my bedroom , haunted garden in the LR, etc.... so much fun!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We lots of orange and purple lights outside and orange lights inside. Blow mold pumpkins for outside, metal pumpkins that you can put candles or fairy lights in for inside. We have light up spider and a few blow ups for outside too.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sadly, we haven't had Trick or Treaters since many of the downtown areas have started having "prowls". Businesses are open and hand out candy to the kids. Also, a lot of churches have Trunk or Treat.

I usually just decorate with pumpkins and fall flowers.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We are known as the 'spider house' by the trick or treaters. Most of my decorations are spider theme.

I have a large door wide spider that hangs over the outside porch entrance door (its eyes light up), spiders are spaced along the lower house windows (they are about dinner plate size) with light-up cobwebs (cobwebs are inside and battery operated, the spiders are attached outside) I hang paper lanterns from the ceiling of the porches (I've glued spiders to them) and witches hats, jack-o-lanterns amongst the shade plants in front of the sunporch where the trick or treaters enter, a witches broom in the corner of the porch (just my old straw broom with stripes). We have a 'spray' of bats across the inside porch wall & door, a skeleton sits at the porch table with a cauldron of treats, the table has an orange tablecloth with a black spiderweb design, we have a ribbon wreath (that I need to spruce up this year) on the door itself, more jack-o-lanterns are on the porch, a black cat and lanterns with purple mums that I stick a spider 'floral spray' in. I think that's about it?
edit to add: I forgot the projection light of spiders - on the wall between the upper two windows above the sunporch.

I wear a long black t-shirt dress under my Halloween apron, black and white stripped tights and a small witches hat headband with spiders.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Very creative! :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Like alot of my holiday decor, I lean to alot of vintage stuff or vintage inspired items. I have to really love something to buy it these days, so I don't have alot of cheap stuff like I use to. I'd buy alot on clearance just because and I've gotten rid of alot of that. I'll share some photos when I get stuff out.

Costumes change yearly and sometimes I don't dress up at all. It's mostly for Trunk or Treat these days since we're empty nesters and don't go to any parties. So I try and keep them as cheap as possible and find stuff at the thrift store. Last year I was a Cat Lady and everyone LOVED it at trunk or treat. I made my car into a cat as well. That was fun! This year my husband and I will be Limu Emu and DOUG because my husbands name is Doug. My daughter is making me do it..lol..and she was going to be Flo fro Progressive and my son in law was going to be Jake from State Farm. Now she's changed her mind, but I'm committed and already found our yellow shirts and tie.

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
What type of custome do you wear? Does it do to be updated? Last year we were going to do a circus theme but then I ended up having a surgery sceduled on Nov 1st. DD dressed as a squirrel to hand out candy.
I think we are planning a witch theme this year Ahorsesoul...My gals said since Hocus Pocus 2 is making a new movie we should go out as the sanderson sisters. :)