Halloween movies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Can we start a list of Halloween movies? I hope I didn't overlook one that is already on here, but I didn't see one. Maybe when you list the movie could you also put if its more for kids, teens, teens or adults? And if you aren't sure maybe others could help determine the age. I'd like to find some new ones for my family.
I'll start us off with a few

Its the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown. --kids
Nightmare Before Christmas. --kids
Halloweentown. --kids/tweens
Return to Hallowentown --kids/tweens
Hocus pocus
Frankenpooh --kids

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Monster Squad- My kids have watched it but it may be too scary in some parts for some kids. It's one of my all time favorites though.
Poltergeist (there's several of these)- Again, my kids have watched them and did okay but may be too scary for younger ones. I used to watch them every year when I was little.

Little Elf

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Alberta, Canada
For little kids:
Miss Spider's Sunny Patch friends _ bug a boo day play
Winnie the Pooh - Frankenpoo and Spookable Pooh
The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat
Spooky the square pumpkin

For kids a little older:
Corpse bride
Halloween tree (I can only find this on VHS tape)
Casper
Casper meets Wendy
The Witches
Frankenweenie
Paranorman
The Adventures of Icabod and Mr. Toad

Teens:
Ghostbusters
Monster House
Beetlejuice

Adults:
Sleepy Hollow
The Craft
Practical Magic

*These are just what I can think off the top of my head...I'm sure there are lots more. :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I like Halloween Michael myers adults

My son LOVES these movies!! He has asked for the complete collection for Christmas.

I bought Scared Shrekless for myself - can't wait to watch it.

Reactions: housewife2

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
The new Carrie comes out this Friday! I would love to go watch it in the theater, it looks really scary.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
I don't usually watch scary movies but decided I wanted too this year. I watched the Poltergeist and was so disappointed. It was not at all scary to me. I wish I could make some of those skeletons look like they are coming up out of my hard for Halloween!! Guess I'll have to try some thing different. I don't like gruesome scary. Just scary. Disney had all if the Halloweentown movies on today.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My son is starting an interest in scary movies, he enjoyed
The Woman in Black,
The Innocents,
and The Others. (Ghost theme movies.)

He still likes:
Tower of Terror
Haunted Mansion
Bugs Bunny Howl-oween Special

Also:
Hotel Transylvania
Monster Squad
Super 8

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Forgot to mention any of the Alfred Hitch**** (my preference), Goosebumps, Tales from the Crypt, and the classic Universal studio monster movies! :dracula:

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
my daughter watched the Poltergeist and thought it was silly (an 11 yr olds point of view.) I've never let my kids watch scary stuff, but they've been showing an interest in it but several family members LOVE them and my daughter LOVED the haunted house she went to , so I said they could try it. My 6 yr old who is very scary walked in on a Chucky movie and laughed at it. I turned the volume down where he couldn't hear the language cause he's the one to repeat it!!!! but he wasn't scared at all, so maybe they aren't scary after all. I also found The Dog Who SAved Halloween, so we'll have a fun night this weekend and watch that together.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
oh my Chucky ! that one scared me .... maybe I should rewatch it to see if it still scares me as much. Just seeing the doll makes the hairs rise on my arms.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DS is 17 years old and completely freaks out when we even mention Chucky's name!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
On a funny chucky note. They had those dolls that kinda looked like chucky back in the early 90's. I think they were called my buddy or something like that, well one friend duct taped a butcher knife to that dolls hand one night and hid it in the living room of another friend. Well when she came home from working swing shift one night, she walked in and seen that doll and FREAKED. It's still one of those things we talk and laugh about 20 years later. Priceless!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
On a funny chucky note. They had those dolls that kinda looked like chucky back in the early 90's. I think they were called my buddy or something like that, well one friend duct taped a butcher knife to that dolls hand one night and hid it in the living room of another friend. Well when she came home from working swing shift one night, she walked in and seen that doll and FREAKED. It's still one of those things we talk and laugh about 20 years later. Priceless!

I love it!!!

We were eating dinner the other night and we were talking about scary movies. DD started talking about Chucky and DS got up and walked out of the room.

He is now 18 years old!!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
someone that works at our local Petsmart has a Chucky doll in their car window and every time we go by there ds7 has to ride through the parking lot and look for it. he loves it!!! I have strange kids! LOL