Halloween Night-Dinner Menu

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
What do you serve for dinner on Halloween night?

Since Halloween is on a Thursday this year, we will probably not have that many kids. And they all wait until it is close to dark to start trick or treating. Even the little ones!

When my kids were little and going out, we would always just get a pizza when they were done. After all the sweet stuff, everyone liked something salty and savory.

I'm thinking of doing a pot of chili, which can be made ahead of time, and cornbread. I want to do the crescent mummy hot dogs too, maybe a different day.

My kitchen is at the back of the house so this way, dinner is done early, and we can hang out in the living room so we can hand out treats.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Eyeballs and Octopus. Mac and cheese made with shell macaroni that is boiled with peas in the water. The peas go into the shells. Then I take a hot dog and cut it into fourths going long ways but only 3/4 up the hot dog. When boiled the cut ends curl up. No dessert since there will be candy all over the place.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/beef/ss/hdoctopussbs.htm

I would like to try the hot dogs with the spaghetti poked into it.

http://veryculinary.com/2011/10/27/threaded-spaghetti-hot-dog-bites/

The hot dog mummy's would be fun but I haven't decided what to use that would be gluten free.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I usually make "Little Bugs". I use Lil' Weenies or just cut up some hotdogs and wrap strips of biscuit around them and cook them. They are mini pigs in blankets. Then you put the potato strings into them as legs and use mustard for eyes. We may have mac and cheese with it or some other type of appetizer type food.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love the little bug idea

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
was thinking about making mini pizzas. I have some large cookie cutters of Pumpkins and ghosts and was thinking about using them to cut the pizza dough into fun shapes.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
You guys are so creative!! Love reading about all the different ideas.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I always make 2 special pizzas for my family. BBQ for my daughter and Buffalo Wing pizza for my husband. It can be time consuming, so I always have the chicken cooked in advanced and mixed with the sauces. I also chop up the celery and green onions for the buffalo pizza in advance and that way, when the time comes, they come together quickly. I think we're going on our 5 or 6th year of this and it's fun!

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
We go over to DS#1 for Holloween so we can do the cooking and hand out the candy while the parents take the boys Trick and Treating. We always do a big pot of chili and I serve it in little pumpkin bowls. I draw scary faces on the pumpkins and the boys love it.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My boys are too old now for trick or treating, so we stay in and hand out treats together - snack and watch 'spooky' Halloween movies.

Buffalo Bat Wings (chicken wings)
Grave Mold Dip (blue cheese dip)
Garlic Bone Bread (garlic breadsticks)

Pepper jackolanterns (filled with hummus, and a yogurt based dip) served with veggies for dipping

a Spider TexMex layered Bean dip that has a spider web design top, and a couple of those little plastic spiders for decorations - served with unsalted tortilla chips

Inside out caramel apples and popcorn for dessert watching scary movies.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I love all these menus! HouseElf, that sounds delicious.