Halloween Night Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Hello all... I am new to these boards but have been checking your posts from time to time. I love parties and enjoy the planning process. I am hosting a few friends over for Trick or Treat and a Halloween supper to follow. Here's my menu so far:

Chicken chili
Cornbread
Something chocolate...
Caramel apples
Hot cider
Roasted marshmallows and s'mores

What do you think?

For decorations I bought the cutest paper lanterns with Halloween designs at the local Dollar Tree and plan to hang them from the porch and trees out by the fire pit. ANy other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Sounds fabulous! I saw those lanterns...I wish I'd bought some. I may take a run over there tomorrow to see if they have any left. I would love to see pictures of your decorations, and your menu sounds yummy! :hat:

Have fun! :boo:

Because the kids are so eager to go trick or treating and so tired afterwards I choose to make a simple dinner.

Last year I made pumpkin pancakes for the first time. They were sooo delicious. The kids told me the other dau they wanted pumpkin pancakes for dinner again this year!!! :hat:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
:jack: Sounds wonderful! We will be having ribs with mashed potatoes and baby carrotts.

Jingle Belle

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Scarlett, your plan, and your menu, sounds great! We do something very similar on Halloween. All the grand parents and a few friends come over. We always make a couple of different types of soup or chowder, bread, and salad. And of course desert (in addition to the candy!). It's a busy night, so we just put out all the food and people eat when they want to. We always try to get some food into the kids before they go trick or treating.

ChristmasCreations, your pumpkin pancakes sound so yummy! Do you have a recipe you could share?

:jack:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Cute! I'll have to pick up some ghost peeps! Thanks!

We've had the same guests and the same menu for the past 7 or 8 years...
chili and trimmings (cheese, Fritos, sour cream, jalapenos, etc)
cheese dip-this year tamale cheese dip with tortilla chips
triple chocolate brownies-mix in chocolate chips and chocolate sauce, bake and serve with ice cream and more chocolate sauce
Harvest Yummies-candy corn and salted peanuts mixed together, served in a waffle cone for a take along snack
hot cider, tea and hot chocolate
:ghost:

CrazyMomto5

MHH Member
Oct 26, 2007
Orange County, NY
ALl of you have such wonderful menus and traditions. I may have to change the way we do things. For the last few years I have taken the kids out trick or treating and when we come home DH has dinner ready and waiting for us. The kids get such a kick out of their Dad taking care of all of it. NOt that he shouldnt but I am a SAHM and do most of it by myself or with help from the kidlets. May have to try some of your new ideas this year though. thanks for the inspiration. :jack: