Halloween Party!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I will host our first Halloween Party!!!!

DD is 3.5 years old - time for her first Halloween Party!!!
I am so excited - these are the things I have ever dreamed about :)

So I am already busy with creating the invitations (scary - of course) as well as planning decorations, food & beverages and entertainment! Of course we will go from door to door with "trick or treat" (but we will have no treats :))

Chilli

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sounds fun Chilli, please share details as you can!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Chilli how fun! Had my 1st Halloween party at 40 something (and had to do it myself)! Haven't done it in the last 2 years though but I keep making things... just in case.

You can look in my blog if you want I put up pictures of the parties we had. Of course it was mostly adults (except the 1st one with lots of teenagers). Love Halloween parties!!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe

Januarymama

Retire Member
Sep 16, 2013
Davison, MI
Wow how fun! I've actually never been to a Halloween party yet! I don't even know anyone who is having one this year. One good idea I found online a couple years ago is to save up all of your toilet paper rolls. Take construction paper and tape it to the bottom. Get some gauze, and if you feel like it stain it with coffee or leave it white, and wrap the gauze around the roll. Add googly eyes and there you have a mummy candy holder. Good for a treat bag or party favor.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Planning is going on :)

Decoration is planned and pumpkins are ready for scarving. Also meal planning is done. We will have spooky snacks in the afternoon and spiderweb-pizzas in the evening. http://www.hausfrauenseite.de/rezepte/pizza/spinnennetz-pizza.html

I still have to look for a costume for DD (she also needs one for her Halloween Party in the Kindergarten) as well as for entertainment

Both I will finish upcoming week.

So I am still on schedule and I hope it goes on like this :)

chilli

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Can't wait to see how it goes! I have not had or been to one since I was a kid

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
OMG, already 3 1/2 yrs!!!! Time has certainly gone by fast.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
We had our party yesterday and it was absolutely successful! DD loved it!!! I have to say that I wanted to cancel the party in the morning. On Wednesday I have got bad news: As it seems by now, I will not get any job at my current employer after maternety leave, so I have to look for something new. And furthermore I have got a bad stomach flu in the evening. So you can imagine how I looked like on Halloween - no Make-Up was needed :)
But nevertheless I decided to host this party (with help of paracetamol etc) and we really had fun! We had a scary cake in the afternoon, played games and did some Halloween crafting, kids helped me to serve our "Tricks and Treates" at the door and making pizza (our dinner) and I also had a lot of fun with their moms.

So we really had fun and I will repeat it next year (without stomach flu the night before ;-))!

Chilli

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Chili glad you had fun!! sorry for the stomach bug. Post some pics!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sound like you made great memories for everyone.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Chili glad you had fun!! sorry for the stomach bug. Post some pics!

I have to say - I don't have any :-(
We had so much fun and enjoyed it that I forgot about making pictures. I only have a few of our table (before having the cake :)).
DH was very sad as I told him - sorry, no pics for us this year... But next year we will have pictures. I promise it!

Afterwards I am also sad that I didn't take pictures.

Chilli