Halloween party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, I made up a list as if I will have a Halloween boo bash. Here's what I got for now:

Outdoors decorations
(not too many of these because we usually have rain, snow and wind a few days before and everything is blown away)
- Exterior lanterns in the steps (I have wide steps)
- Cobwebs everywhere with spiders.
- Ghosts in a circle
- Sign "Morgue"

Indoor decorations
- Kitchen (tattered curtains, specimen jars, bugs, spiders, rats, mad scientist theme, bones, test tubes, cobwebs)
- Kitchenette (witch kitchen theme - cauldren, jars of weird mixes and herbs, spell book, cobwebs, spiders)
- Bathroom (Gory shower-curtains & horror towels, blood-dripping candles, cobwebs, spiders)
- Living room (helium-ballon ghosts, tilt pictures on the walls, cobwebs, bats hanging from ceiling fan, tattered curtains, dustsheets on furniture, dead-witch under sofa, colored light bulb, coffing bowl on table for chips & dips)
- Downstairs (colored light bulb, dustsheets, bats, cobwebs, sign "trespassers Beware!!", garlic
"tresse")
- Bedroom "no trespassing under penalty of horrible painful death" sign on door.

Need to figure out Date, How many people, for supper or just for the evening.

Food:
- cocktail sausages: fingers in blood-red sauce
- Eyeballs (mushroom heads, filled with cream cheese and an olive)
- Dead-men fingers (pizza)
- Chips & dip for coffin bowl (guacomole & salsa)
- Head on a platter tray with colored vegetables all around...
- Spider punch (punch with spiders made of marshmellows and licorice)
- Horrible lemonade (served in a weird container, add a bit of green coloring with gummy worms)
- Meathead
- Desert: witch finger cookies
- Bloody popcorn (add red food coloring to melted butter)

Party invitations
- fingers in a box
- rats in a box (really nice small ones at the dollar store)

Spooky music

Games
- Mummy race
- Eyeball relay
- Pass the apple
- Musical tombstones
- Scary stories (maybe)
- House of horrors - touchy felly gross stuff (maybe)

Costumes to come...
Ok, I need help in writing gory or scary spells (I have very little imagination!) and if you have other easy non-expensive ideas (home-made is always nicer) go ahead... think I should look into having a blog too...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great List...awesome!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Wow! I'm very impressed. It sounds like this Boo-bash is going to be pretty fantastic!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Actually no real idea for the spells... mostly to put in my spell book

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Let's see the date would have to be either the 25th or the 1st.... I think the 25th would be better and I think I will receive friends over (I was hesitating between my family - but they come from far and have to sleep over and a few more meals so would be more difficult to organize the party - my in-laws (but they have absolutely no imagination and they don't actually like Halloween) - Colleagues (but my DH doesn't know any of them) or friends (parents from the hockey team with whom we have lots of fun and who would participate).... guess it's the hockey team parents!