Halloween Stuff in Stores?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I KNOW it is only August -- but -- have you seen Halloween stuff in stores yet? Do you love it when you do?

I love to examine every Halloweeen item! It makes me feel as if the whole grand holiday season has started! Well, I fdon't really look at the scary, ghastly things. But there are plenty of things I like to look at.

So far, I have found wonderful material at Wal-Mart in the regular fabric section.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love when fall hits the shelves! Pumpkins and Thanksgiving items just seem to fall into my cart.

I have finished my sons Hallowe'en costumes, just need a bit more trim and to complete the prop for one. I still need to sew mine and do the mask.

I need to think about how to decorate our home for Hallowe'en, as my boys are getting older and have elaborate haunting plans to my usual scarecrows, crows and jack-0-lanterns! :hat:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Here in New England, JoAnns has some Halloween fabrics out on display.

Also, the Dollar Tree had styrofoam gravestones and small skeletons. They have no Christmas merchandise out yet but I bought 2 headstones.

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Hobby Lobby has had Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving stuff out for a couple of weeks! Was in Jo-Ann's last week & they were just putting their Fall stuff out! Hobby Lobby also was getting alot of Christmas stuff out! I went in to Wal-Mart yesterday, though, & didn't see anything at all for Fall. I know it's only August, but I was still a little disappointed! LOL!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
My local drugstore is getting Halloween and Christmas already. They have the Hallmark ornament display up and those things just fascinate me. I would love to start collecting them. They also have some cool Halloween village items, i wish i couls afford all of the awesome holiday things i would like lol.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I haven't seen any Halloween Stuff yet. Only in larger fabrics store you will find some Halloween patterned fabrics, but they are still in the last corner of the store.

At the moment we have sale of summer stuff here.

Chilli

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My wal-mart had their fall kitchen decor out. I'd bet within a week, when the school shelves dwindle, they will have their stuff out.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
I've been trying my best to hold back on buying fall things yet, but was in JoAnn's getting crafts for Vacation Bible School and I couldn't resist the cutest turkey. I tell myself, if I wait, it will be gone. :pilgrim: . I hate to rush summer but Love the fall!

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
YES YES YES! I love to see all the fall decor in the stores! Today I went to Michaels and was just in heaven! I even bought a Halloween tree today. I love fall colors!

Dollar Tree and BigLots in my area are also putting their fall stuff out!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Dollar Tree has their Halloween stuff out too. My girlfriend bought some gargoyle statues, skull garland, skeleton hands garland, and a few tins with handles with Halloween design cut-outs of cats, witches, and such. She's going to put tealight candles in the tins and line them up along her walkway, hanging them on those hooks that go into the ground. I bought a cup with the skeleton hand. Will be drinking from that at her Halloween party.