Halloween treat bags

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
For the past several years I made up candy treat bags for the trick or treaters. It helped get rid of the "I don't like that candy, she got two!" complaints. Everyone gets a bag...after I adore your costumes, make a cute comment and wave to your parents...I've got about 150 more of you to go. So, it moved the line along too.

But...I'm having a hard time finding small treat bags. I don't want to use the larger cellophane gift bags. They're too expensive and I can't fill them with more than 3 little items, so they don't look right.

Any ideas? Seen any of these bags yet? Even Hobby Lobby didn't have any last week...like no Halloween stuff at all.

What do you guys do? Last year I used snack size ziplock bags, but they're not cute and festive.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Rebecca, have you thought about buying brown or white lunch bags and tying them with black, purple, and orange curling ribbon - fold over, hole punch? Or stamping them with a pumpkin or other Halloween stamp?

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Yeah it's kinda weird, there is not much Halloween out here either...I have had good luck with Oriental Trader for things like that in the past..

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't know that everyone has their stuff out yet. I know what your talking about and I'd wait it out and see what some of the grocery store chains carry when the time gets a tad closer. I see lots of stuff like that, at my local King Soopers.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Well, I posted too soon. My DH and I went back to Hobby Lobby last night and there were 2 rows of Halloween decor. It's like they had removed Thanksgiving things that I saw the week before and put the Halloween out.

I bought the bags and will keep in a safe spot. Thanks for the ideas for future years.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Do you have Dollarama? That's where I usually find them.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
The bags are getting bigger! :)

Think I found the smaller ones at the dollar store.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Purchased this year's treat bags yesterday! Found some at the dollar store and grabbed them before they are gone :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer