Halloween tree

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
I was in Michaels on Saturday and they had black garland also!!! My son's school colors are yellow and black (mascot is a bee) so I was thinking of picking some up for student parties like A/B Honor roll ice cream and pizza party and such!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
christmascreations- great idea. My dd's school had spirt day right before halloween to coincide with highschools homecoming. Their colors are red & green. You would not believe the people that were out the night before looking for anything red and green. Good thing halloween face paint was in the stores already. All the kids were looking for red and green hair spray. You couldn't find it anywhere all the stores said if they knew both highschool and Jr highschool were doing their spirt days the same day they would have ordered extra. We are going to stock up on red and green for next year now.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Black would be perfect for a Halloween tree!

You know what I HAVEN'T seen in stores this year? The Upside Down Christmas Tree. Did they stop selling them? I used to think they were pretty silly, but I've seen them decorated in specialty shops, and they're quite stunning!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
One of my girldfriends who happens to work with me told me that her husband just bought one. It's the 1st Christmas with their girld twins and she told me that husband is going all out with Christmas decorating.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Cathy if push comes to shove you can always make one by using one of the little trees from the dollar store and spray painting them black or you could make one out of small tree/shrub branches.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Cathy I just had another thought. If you want buy a regular size inexpensive tree (4ft to 6ft) and paint it black. That's if you have storage space. Reading your posts on how you decorate, I imagine you have a lot of decorations. :)

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Actually, that might be more practical than it sounds, because my kitchen has black in it, and I could get away with using it in there for Christmas after I take the Halloween stuff down...hmmm....I'll have to keep an eye out during the after Christmas sales.