Halloween (will it happen or not)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
Hello peeps....As Halloween 2020 was cancelled for a lot of people and different corona virus strains still hanging over all of us....Do you think Halloween 2021 will get the green light for us all to have a normal Halloween.

Reactions: HouseElf

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
We do have kids in our townhome community, and I prepared for Halloween last year as our town did not cancel celebrations last year. I prepared to have enough for the most I'd had in the past, and not one trick-or-treater showed up. I'll prepare again this year, just the same and just in case the kids are out. Better to have too much than not enough.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We did have Halloween last year at our school. It was a parade and personal treats. No parents were permitted to attend and it was live streamed on Facebook.

I'm not sure what to expect this year. We don't get trick or treaters here because we're rural.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Halloween was left up to each house in our area. We participated by having candy set out individually on a table with a sign and the porch light was on. If you weren't participating then you turned off your porch light and kept your door closed. Those who were participating had tables out or candy taped to sticks and those sticks were stuck into the ground. 2020 was my dd's last year to go out. She went out but said many houses were not participating. I will plan to put the candy out like last year.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We did not do trick or treating handouts last year, decorate outside or attended a 'haunt'. We did have a bonfire night with just us and watched Halloween movies and snacks. (Type 1 Diabetes and Rheumatoid Arthritis, we have been very careful with our sons.)

This year I hope we will be able to safely participate, but if not we hope to get tickets for a drive through haunt, attending an outside Pumpinferno (if local restrictions allow) and another bonfire night with Halloween movies and snacks.

Reactions: frostythesnowman

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Our camping club is having a Halloween costume rally on Halloween weekend but we should be home in time for the trick or treaters.

Last year DH and Buffy sat outside and gave out the treat bags, so, hopefully, we can do that again.

Reactions: frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
I dunno about you guys across the pond but Halloween lands on a Sunday this year so kids here in the UK go trick r treating on Saturday...Is it the same situation with you guys across the pond?

Reactions: HouseElf

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It may differ from township to township in the U.S. In the areas that I have lived, we went out on Halloween Night, rain or shine.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Our camping club is having a Halloween costume rally on Halloween weekend but we should be home in time for the trick or treaters on Sunday

Last year DH and Buffy sat outside and gave out treats which should work again.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
in our community, if Halloween is on a Sunday, it's observed on Saturday. We haven't had trick or treaters in at least 10 years. There are a lot of public trick or treat venues that people take their children to. I miss trick or treaters.