Halloween wreath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I'd like to make the Halloween wreath in the papercrafts magazine. They sprayed a grapevine wreath black and wrapped it loosely with black tulle-but you could use another ghostly fabric. Then they used clothespins that had been painted black and attached b&w pics of old houses and tombstones to the wreath. I'd like to do this but use pictures of past Halloweens. Maybe I'll find time... :boo:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
That sounds lovely although I think I'm running a bit short of time to do it this year. Maybe next. If you do manage to get round to making one do psot some pics I'd be really interested to see it and I'm sure other would too!

:jack:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
The eyeball wreath reminds me of the hairy monster in the Bugs Bunny cartoons. . . Gossamer?

Jackfrosty, did you ever end up making your Halloween wreath with the pictures of the kids in costume? What a great idea this would be! I'd love to hear how it turned out.

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Hi - imtersting ideas!

Read the other day of a christmas wreath you could make out of cut-up plastic carrier bags (preferably in red/green.
Anyhow don'tr know if you have them over with you but in UK we have large black rubbish sacks - which could be cut up and tied onto a cirle made from a wire coathanger. Then its up to you if you decorate it with orange pumkin theme or more black - even Xmas baubles - either in blood red or painted black! Think I'll try it myself!!

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
welshbabe said:
Hi - imtersting ideas!

Read the other day of a christmas wreath you could make out of cut-up plastic carrier bags (preferably in red/green.
Anyhow don'tr know if you have them over with you but in UK we have large black rubbish sacks - which could be cut up and tied onto a cirle made from a wire coathanger. Then its up to you if you decorate it with orange pumkin theme or more black - even Xmas baubles - either in blood red or painted black! Think I'll try it myself!!

You know, that might be cute. You could get some Christmas balls on sale right now and spray paint them black, orange or even silver and add them to the wreath. Hmmm...the possibilities...

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Love these ideas! I like the blue one! It reminds me of Monsters Inc.!
The garbage bag wreath is a great idea-you could even paint large jingle bells orange, purple,and green and add a spidery weblike bow from lacey wired ribbon. OOOOH! You could rip cotton muslin and wrap a styrofoam wreath form like a mummy with some glass marble 'eyes' peeking out!
I haven't tried the photo wreath, but thought it would be of better use to me as a garland of some kind-Hmmmm... Awesome GPD project!
TFS, Ladies!