Happy January Rudolph Day!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Happy January Rudolph day! Instead of counting down to Christmas which seems SO far away, I'm counting down to June, when the tiniest bit of Christmas starts to appear in the craft stores and then to November when my decorations start to go up. I tell the boys that I truly celebrate Christmas from July through January.

Take a look at Ginger's suggestions for your January Rudolph day and there was a post about the January Rudolph Day movie. And it you can't squeeze in a bit of Christmas today, do it when you can!

Have fun!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I just checked the movie of the month and Annie selected Christmas with the Kranks. It's one if my all time favorites! Enjoy!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hello To All

Thanks Kim Loves Snow! I watched the movie! Never seen it ... funny!

:rudolph:

Here's my list:

Rudolph Day
* Look through notebook
* Look at Pinterest for ideas
* Play Christmas Music CD's
* Watch a Christmas movie
* Wear cute Christmas socks, red & green outfit
* Post something on Facebook to annoy my friends :)
* Re-read the Christmas story in the Bible

January: Christmas Notebook Focus
February: Craft to Make Focus
March: Movie List Focus
April: Christmas Dishes Focus
May: Recipe to Try Focus
June: Things to Do List Focus (live nativities, concerts, church programs etc)
July: Stocking Stuffer Focus
August: Menu Planning Focus (Thanksgiving, Cookie Plans, Christmas Eve, Christmas Morn breakfast, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day)
September: Baking Focus
October: Christmas Letter Webpage Update and Cards Focus
November: CELEBRATE!!
December: CELEBRATE!!

MOVIES
January: AnnieClause - Christmas with the Kranks
February: Luludou - A Christmas Story
March: Jampss - A Muppet's Christmas Carol
April: Piratemamaof3boys
May:Miss Jane - A Charlie Brown Christmas
June: Luludou - Christmas vacation
July: Sugarplum - A Christmas Carol
August: MissJane - Elf
September: Aggy
October: Aggy
November: MissJoDee - Miracle on 34th Street
December: Jampss - White Christmas

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love these ideas and the idea of posting on FB. lol Happy Rudy Day to all.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Happy Rudy Day!

I don't have too much planned today because I have to work for much of the day but I plan to sit down tonight with a treat and look through my Christmas ideas book. I'll also start a list of ideas for getting ready for Christmas 2014.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Happy Rudolph Day!! I'm finally doing something on this day that I've always wanted to do....I'm starting my Christmas cards!! So as to not feel overwhelmed, my plan is to make just 5 a month, so by October they'll be done. Each month I'll make a different card, but 5 of each.

Getting ready to watch a movie I recorded over the holidays and I'm wearing Christmas socks. At least it's a little cooler here in Florida, so it's easier to get in the spirit!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Rudolph Day 2014

Happy Rudolph Day!! I'm finally doing something on this day that I've always wanted to do....I'm starting my Christmas cards!! So as to not feel overwhelmed, my plan is to make just 5 a month, so by October they'll be done. Each month I'll make a different card, but 5 of each.
Ah! Very sweet ... making cards. Would be nice for DS10 to do for the relatives. Thanks for the idea!
:rudolph:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I guess since it's Rudy Day, I should finally put away my skating Santa Claus cookie jar! It's just kind of become part of the kitchen so I haven't really been noticing him. :)

Definitely am watching the movie tonight! Drinking hot chocolate too!

Is anyone else shocked that we are already one month past Christmas??!!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Rudy day!! I'm looking through my craft supplies for the craft I have decided for some of my friends. will watch the movie at some point during the weekend and then look at my January Rudy day list to see if I'm on track! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy day to you all.

Annie, I have been very surprised at how quickly January has gone.
If the trend continues Christmas will be here before we know it, so please use every opportunity to get in some prep.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I've gotten my days mixed up. For some reason I thought today was the 25th. I don't know where my mind is. :D

Yesterday I was craving hot cocoa but I've run out of the packets so I went online and found an easy recipe to make my own. I may try the recipe today as part of my Rudy Day. It will go nicely while I watch this months Rudy Day Movie.

Hope everyone is staying warm.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Am going to watch a taped movie this afternoon. It is called "Annie Claus is coming to town".
Will be thinking of our Annie while I watch it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ordered Annie Claus from the library. Doubt anyone has it on hold right now. If they do I want to meet them. lol

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I watched a Christmas movie still on the DVR from last month. It was Christmas on the Bayou, I think from the Lifetime Channel. I didn't care for it very much to be honest. Not sure if I just wasn't in the mood or what, but I can usually make myself like MOST movies and with this one, it didn't work. I was busy most of the day, but I've been working on my journal all month, so that kinda counts!