Happy rudy day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Good morning and Happy Rudy Day!
My dgd found her elf this morning. She said "Mem, come here!" so I went to her room and she said "Look what came in the night." LOL
I plan on working on some Christmas crafts with her. She will be giving away some homemade gifts
I have today off from both jobs. Yay!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Today I plan to put away the fall and Thanksgiving decorations and get out some Christmas ones. I like to start with hanging the lighted garlannd around the living room and attaching ornaments to it then hanging our large blown-glass balls in the skylight. I guess I work from the top down. We don't put our tree up until later, since it is a real one. I would also like to get the last batch of cookies baked (spritz).

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have so much to do today that is not Rudy Day related. I am hoping to get everything done and then have a nap. I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night. I may have to celebrate tomorrow. :sad: I am hoping to watch a Christmas movie with the kids - we'll have to see.

Have a great Rudy Day!!

:snowman: Melanie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm up with my Santa Hat on this morning!

I'll be working on putting the lights on the tree. I have nerve damage to my arms so it takes me weeks to get the lights on. I'll leave them on the tree after Christmas because I store it with the lights. Last year I notice a string that was not working. Of course this string was around the trunk so all the lights had to come off.

Enjoy your Day!

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Today is decorating day at my house. It is going to be 50 degrees outside today and colder after that so all the outside stuff is getting done today. The inside stuff will go up slowly in the evenings this week. We pretagged our tree at the tree farm in Oct., it will come home next weekend.

I promised DS we could make some cookies this evening, so at least one batch will be made hopefully it will make it to the freezer ;) .

Have a great Rudy Day everyone! :rudolph:

I have my Merry Christmas tee shirt on!!! I am excited for Rudy day but sad because it is the last Rudy day on OC.

I am excited to report that I FINALLY found some elves last night. The best part was they were $6.99 and then 50% off. That's right $3.49 each-JACKPOT!!! I bought 2 but they didn't have a third one in a different pattern. I do have twins so i am trying to figure out if I should buy one of them the same and receive "twin" elves for the twins. They had 2 elves left that matched the 2 elves I bought so for that price I might just buy both and save one elf for my nephew when he is old enough for it!!!

Today I have to work at the church and my other job tonight sooo there is not much I will get done and I have to somehow buy the other 2 elves without my kids seeing them. I must have to enlist some help with the employees to bag them at the register for me before I get there.

Tonight I will have the boys make their Christmas and birthday lists and we will drink some hot cocoa at my job while listening to Christmas music on the radio station!!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Christmascreations-twin elves!!! I love it!! My little boys are 14 months and one week apart, and they always want matching stuff. I've always said I think it would have been easier if they HAD been twins-because we went through all the stages twice...

My plans for today were to put my snow villages up-the big one on top of the cabinets, the smaller (Dollar Tree specials) on the shelves over the east facing windows. however...I have some health issues today, so I think I'm going to lay low and watch movies on this cold, wet, rainy day. My family has gone to church without me (almost unheard of around here) so I'm in charge of the remote for now!! LOL! When they come home, I'm going to ask DH to build a fire and we'll just pile up on the sofas and veg out.

Tomorrow-the kitchen will get decorated (if I can move my neck without screaming by then, LOL!!). As JackFrosty said, everyday is Rudy Day from now until Christmas!!

Have fun, everyone! It's the holidays!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!

uk-kitty

Retire Member
Oct 21, 2007
Just wanted to echo Happy Rudy Day everyone!! I've got Christmas radio playing in the background and watched 2 Christmas films today - Surviving Christmas and The Night They Saved Christmas. Really getting in the spirit but haven't seen many decorations in the local area as yet. I'm putting mine up next weekend. So looking forward to the big day. My brother and his girlfriend have just announced they're expecting their first child so very excited about being an aunty. We're spending the day with them and her family. Christmas Eve will be with my parents watching Kings College Choir on TV by candlelight then opening presents the next morning before travelling up to brother's. Having a bit of a dilemma as to what to get DBG but will get there ...
:package:

jackfrosty said:
Last night I tried White hot chocolate! Must have more today!!!!!
When I was pregnant with my twins all I wanted was Gloria Jean's white chocolate hot cocoa mix...lol The store ran out of the cans and my mom told the lady behind the counter about my situation and she filled a cup with the white chocolate powder that they had at no charge. Boy was I loving my mother and the worker!!!

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
Ladies-I love white hot chocolate but don't know how to make it-could you please help me with a recipe-thanks WOMAN

:bigsnow: :bigsnow: :bigsnow:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Happy Rudy Day!!

We put up the tree and stuff yesterday so today I hung the stockings and happened upon a wreath in a box and got it up on the basement door. The wreath hanger I bought is too thick for my front door. :( I have some stuff up outside but still lots more to do but it'll have to wait until hubby gets back on Wednesday.

Other than that, i've been listening to Christmas music on XM. I'll probably wrap presents later after the kids are in bed. If I can figure out how to hook up the VCR (pain with the DVD player hooked up), then the kids and I will watch Rudolph later tonight as well. I'm also about to make myself some hot chocolate, just trying to decide what flavor I want right now. LOL :globe:

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
:bigsnow: Today i wrapped some Christmas presents, listened to various Christmas cd's, drank hot chocolate and watched The Polar Express with my son (as well as the usual stuff like ironing) ;) and i'm pretty sure everyday will be a Rudy day from now until the "BIG DAY"

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I spent the day putting up my Christmas decorations. I hope to finish by Dec. 1st, that's when I put my lights on timers. I still have my front door, balcony and guest bedroom to do. I notice several people in my apartment complex putting up their deocrations. :bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
I spent the day on the couch with a heating pad, hot chocolate and lots of movies on Hallmark and ABCFamily! I don't think much is going to get done today either, although I am feeling better. I'm now 2 days behind on my oh, so carefully planned schedule! sigh.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
The kids helped me get the stuff for the kitchen out of the shed today, so maybe tomorrow I'll get it put up. I also brought the boxes in to put the fall stuff back in. I kind of hate to put the fall stuff away. I really enjoy it, but I know that I'll enjoy the Christmas stuff, too.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
Thanks for the white hot chocolate recipes-they sound sooooooooooo good. WOMAN

:bigsnow: :bigsnow: :bigsnow: