Harvest Dinner

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well Saturday I held my harvest dinner party. :hat: My guests really enjoyed themselves.

They especially liked the party favors I handed out. Everyone, including the men put on the masks I made. I decorated plain orange gift bags with silk leaves and added a gag gift, a thank you note, a fall cracker and a mask.

The food was setup buffet style. I added lifts and covered my table with a fall leaf tablecloth. I mixed silk leaves and mini pumpkins/gourds inbetween the dishes and lit tapered candles which gave the table a nice affect.

I served, appetizers: a fruit platter (which was the tables centerpiece), peppered herb cheese balls and bake crab rangoon. The main dishes were: chili, pulled pork, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, green beans, collard greens, potato salad and cornbread. For desert there was apple pie and oreo cheesecake. On my bar I set up the drinks for making cocktails and next to the bar in a cooler were soda and beer.

The weather was soo beautiful too. Some of the guests sat out on the balcony to eat (glad I had a table set up out there) and congregate. Then when the sun went down I turned on the orange lights and lit the candles on the chandeliers. We played cards and danced until midnight.

The best part. I didn't have to clean up afterwards. My bf and a couple of my guests took care of everything. A perfect ending to a perfect evening.

Now that's over it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
It sounds fabulous! :jack:

Your menu was great! I'm glad it went well.

Lisa