Heading out this weekend for Halloween Prop Search...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm heading out to my inlaws farm tomorrow, to search for stuff laying around that I can use in my front yard. I'm hoping to find some old tools I can hang from the trees. Like old pich forks..or shovels...That kind of stuff!
I've gotten old fence post, tables, wheelbarrows and more. I found a whole new area in the back this past year I didn't know about. And there is JUNK everywhere.

Lets just say, as a daughter in law, i'm not looking forward to the day, we all have to clean up this place. But in the mean time, I'll take all the Halloween goodies I can find to transform!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Have fun!!!

:hat: Melanie

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
;-) one man's junk, another resourceful ladies Halloween treasure!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was one tired lady after that trip today. I climbed thru barnes..OLD barnes. Seen huge spiders and even an OWL..Oh My!!

My daughter things her mother is disturbed and says that some day if I snap, we may all be in trouble :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I found pitch fork and a HUGE pic (as my hubby calls it). This thing that looks like a giant cork screw..Uhhh that could do some damage.
I found car parts, so I'm going to put a skeleton in the seat and laying around it will be a tire, hub cap, light, rear light and mini dash board. Yes, I found that all laying around.

The best find was this huge metal piece that I"m going to use to hold long, pieces of broken branches. It will look like a bon fire when I'm done and in the middle will be a plastic cauldron. That one has me excited.

Lets see...I also found a very old, metal shop chair. A folding metal, portable bed frame. I think I'm going to make a stuffed scarecrow type thing and tie it to the frame. I brought home a whole role of chicken wire and a small barrel type thing to make another table with. They had huge barrels, but I told him I'll save that for next year.

Here is a pic from last year.

Halloween2007

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
The link took me to a sign in page as well.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I couldn't view it either. Your finds sound GREAT!!! We the kids were younger we use to decorate for Halloween outside and inside ALOT! Made this gaint spider for the porch, tombstones, ghost in the trees. My DS's b'day is Halloween. I really miss it. Some years we would just do the fall scene with the scarecrow and hay bales and mums.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Link wouldn't work for me either. Sounds like you had a fun day. My brothers and I would always search out back in the barns and such to find stuff for our yard for Halloween we even made a coffin about 20 years ago that my mom still puts out front everyyear. She just said someone needs to come and drag it out of the barn for her. I want it but she won't give it to me.

I was just thinking today what else can I do and have been looking around for things to use.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Here's the fixed link. I couldn't remember "snapfish"...so I tried something else. But this should work

FrontYard