Healthier Halloween?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
The article was interesting - but I think I've already been a bad girl since I've already broken several of their "Don'ts" :haha:

It is food for thought though.

The holidays are a hard time for a lot of people.

These are my favorite "dieting" tips

Suck on a lollipop when get the urge to grab other chocolates/candies/junk food

Dip your fork in your salad dressing (that you already have on the side) and then poke the fork into your salad-every bite will have the "flavor" of the dressing but not too much dressing as when you pour it on the salad.

And my ALL TIME FAVORITE-when you get hungry after 7 pm eat celery or brush your teeth. Celery will hydrate your body and "fill you up" for minimal calories AND when you clean your teeth you are not going to want to eat and dirty them again!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
christmascreations~ those are great tips!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I agree - I have never heard of the celery trick.

Must try! :smile:

lovey195

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Island in the Sun
As far as the brushing of your teeth is concerned, not only do you not want to dirty your teeth again but pretty much everything tastes lousy after too!

lovey195 said:
As far as the brushing of your teeth is concerned, not only do you not want to dirty your teeth again but pretty much everything tastes lousy after too!

you got it!!! That's why it is my favorite tip. When it is late and I get hungry for ice cream, I will get up and run to the bathroom to brush my teeth!!! If I don't I would be stuffed like him ---> :turkey:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My middle son is diabetic, so we keep the focus off the sugar filled sweets and do things as a family he enjoys! Trick or treating at first was hard for him, but he now prefers to hand out the treats, stay home with Mom and watch a scary movie - roasting pumpkin seeds!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
:jack: I do them as my mother did, rinse them in cold water - pat dry a little and sprinkle with Lowry's seasoned salt (the only time we use it!) roast till lightly browned.

:) Not very creative I know ;)

HouseElf said:
My middle son is diabetic, so we keep the focus off the sugar filled sweets and do things as a family he enjoys! Trick or treating at first was hard for him, but he now prefers to hand out the treats, stay home with Mom and watch a scary movie - roasting pumpkin seeds!

That sounds wonderful!!!! We eat pumpkin pancakes before we go trick or treating. I try to fill them up so they don't ask me to eat the candy as we trick or treat :hat: