Hello from Sweden!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ScoutingSquirrel

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2011
Hi there! We are a British family living in Southern Sweden and have found you through the tradition of the visiting Christmas elves ... I am starting that 'game' this year and trying to mix in as much as possible of the Swedish 'tomte' the elf of the land, the plot of land of your home, who delivers the presents from Santa.

More on those adventures on the Elf thread!

I'm Helen, married to Martin, with 6.5 year old son Robin who has high functioning autism of the 'intelligent eccentric' type and 3 year old son Joseph who is a little monkey of the climbing, danger-seeking type. Add in an equally mad dog and three cats and you can see why I'm busy! Martin's work brought us to Sweden and as I'm a Primary School teacher I have been fortunate enough to pick up enough English language teaching to keep me satisfied and yet to have time at home with my boys as well - the best of both worlds.

Best wishes, Helen

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Welcome to the group Helen. What a wonderful opportunity for your family to be in Sweden. Enjoy and I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
:welcome: to the group!

Where in Sweden do you live?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
:welcome2: it's always great to have people from some where other than the states hear. I love hearing about their different celebrations. Join in!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Welcome Scouting Squirrel! It is great that you have jumped in... at this fun time! Stick around after Christmas.... we celebrate the loving spirit of Christmas... all year!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Helen, how wonderful for MHH that you have joined our little family! I'm so glad you're here! Welcome aboard!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome, Helen. My kids are too old to enjoy the elf games, I think...14 and 18, but I like reading about how others use them to celebrate! It's good to have you here. I hope you like it!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Hello from Canada!!

Welcome to our little family.

ScoutingSquirrel

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2011
Thank you for your lovely friendly welcome!

I'll tell more about the Swedish tomtar in the elf thread ...
I am loving creating traditions for my family, and in some ways it is easier to do that in the relative isolation of beingg an ex-pat - I can pick and mix all the bits that I want most! It's also easier to establish the theory of 'every family does Santa differently' when there are so many different national and ex.pt cultures surrounding us. I'm hoping this will keep my boys as believers for longer!

I am really enjoying all your blogs and links, thank you!
Helen