help me choose a theme

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
Nr Swansea in south wales, uk
Hi All

Im completely stumped this year with my decorating theme.

I live in a small 2 bedroomed flat and my 4 year old son is even madder abotu christmas than I am. So im really wanting to go all out decorating the place for him as he really is startign to 'get' christmas now.

My living room is currently magnolia and white with hints of a burgundy red in the form of curtain tie backs and hoping for a new red rug come christmas (even the dogs bed is red and my dog is completely white so how well does he fit in!) It also has wooden floorboards and the tv unit, sideboards,coffee table are wooden so it all ties together.

My hallway is currently yellow but im hoping to get this magnolia'd over too by christmas but it has horrid brown council floor tiles in there at the minute. and doesnt get much light.

Then my sons room is currently winnie the pooh which im not fond of and neither is he (was decorated like this when we moved in) . Again im hoping to paint this before christmas as he starts full time school in september. He is a real boys boy and is power rangers/transfromer mad. Ive never decorated his bedroom but am thinking i would like to this year for him.

So I was wondering how people are plannign to decorate their houses this year? I saw the christmas tree thread that luluduo started and loved the simply elegant tree which is cream, gold and red which i think would go nicely in the living room but am stumped for any other ideas

so figured id ask what everyone else does to find some inspiration

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I love to look at pics of other peoples decor for inspiration. One of the places I love to go and look at holiday decor is HGTV's rate my space. You and just type in Christmas in the search bar and you will gets tons of results with all types of Christmas style.

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
Nr Swansea in south wales, uk
thanks christmas nut

I will be off to have a nosey about now - I love looking at peoples decorations - it makes me feel all festive

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I just looked into that website! this is great for ideas! thanks Christmasnut!

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im all about looking at other peoples decorations not only does it make me feel all Christmassy I get lots of ideas..

Here something else you ladies might enjoy

Flickr Christmas Decor

you can do that at all types of sites that was for flickr but you can also go to sites like photobucket and webshots and type in Christmas Decor and get lots of great photos

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
thechristmasnut said:
Here something else you ladies might enjoy

Flickr Christmas Decor

Some of those decorations ar fantastic, need to try and print them so I can copy.
TFS thechristmasnut!

:haha: