Help Please!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I have a really big favor to ask!

My spouse's group is planning a Halloween party for the kids. The ideas so far are to have the kids decorate a couple of rooms in the building and then there'll be a judging to see who has the best decorations.

Also doing trick-or-treating for the younger kids with a scavenger hunt for the older kids.

I need ideas, lots and lots of ideas! I need cheap prize ideas, treat ideas, scavenger hunt ideas for the older kids.

Treats: Cupcakes...thought maybe a decorate your own with black and orange icings, Halloween colored sprinkles, etc..

Cheap Prizes: I've got Halloween party favors (pumpkin bouncing balls, spider rings, that sort of thing.)

Scavenger Hunt: ONly thing I've come up with so far is to have the kids find someone with a flashing pumpkin on their shirt, tell them their best knock knock joke to get the next clue (this is assuming we're doing a clue type of game and not just a list of things to find...which I'm not sure what we're doing yet.)

So...any and all ideas are welcomed! Please help me out!!! Looking forward to everyone's great ideas!!! :applause:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Kids need lots and lots and lots of food and drink.

The decorate-your-own cupcakes are a nice idea. I would ask EVERYONE to contribute food or drinks. Come up with a list of drink items - such as juice boxes, whatever. Also some ready made treats in packages - like "SmartFood popcorn - delicious! If there is a kit hen, maybe somebody could heat up hot dogs. (Not healthy - but what the heck.) Get way way way more food than you think you need - because the adults will want to eat too when they see the food. :party:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
What fun! I totally agree SparkleNana-everyone will want to eat...at church we've had good luck with hot dogs suppers, crockpots are great for keeping hotdogs warm, and with some chips, drinks, and dessert-that's plenty...for cheap prizes you can't beat Oriental trader--sooo many fun things there....if there is a talented artist--or just someone willing--face painting is always a huge hit, and halloween themed paintings-pumpkins, ghosts, bats, are pretty simple for anyone to draw--not sure where you get face paint, Michaels type store maybe?

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
OOps, I should have told you to click on outdoor games on the left. Sorry

Here are some scavenger hunt items: Orange leaf, marshmellow, straw or hay, piece of tree bark, piece of white "mummy" fabric, hershey kiss, candy corn, fangs, piece of black fabric, page of October 31 newspaper (or today's) or an ad for halloween items.

I have got to pay more attention. I just reread and you want a different kind of scavenger hunt. Will it be out in the neighborhood or stay within the party group and they are getting the names of the adults or kids to fulfill their list? and i'm not even sure why I asked that cuz my mind is a blank right now. :huh: maybe a little more explanation of what you want and we can help.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Decorate your own trick or treat bag (brown bags/markers/crayons/stickers)

Wrap tissue around lollipops and secure (ghosts) then stick these in a pumpkin they keep the lollipop (can color some ends if want to do extra prizes)

Tatoo station- can get cheap on Oriental Trading- kids love these

Halloween trivia or hangman for older