Here We Are, 2021!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spent the time last week thinking about the new goals and trying some things out. I know I'll be adjusting as I figure out a routine of some sort. The thing is, I thrive on routine. Routine is real hard to find when things are constantly changing due to coronavirus. What I am going to try to do is work on my personal stuff in the morning. Maybe get up even earlier than before and try to get some of it done. If I can't do all of it, then I'll work on completing my personal goals in the evening.

I have more to write but the family has called me to breakfast. I'll be back and add more thoughts.
  • Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills
  • Make a grocery list.
  • Buy groceries.
  • Take down Christmas ornaments.
  • Decorate for winter.
  • FlyLady: Extra Room - Laundry area
    • Dust
    • Wipe down washer and dryer
    • Empty Trash can
Personal
  • Spiritual: Bible & Journaling XXXXXX
  • Reading -Austen; Library Book XXXXX
  • Genealogy- XXX
  • Walking XXXX
  • Weights XXX
  • Water XXX
  • Abs XXX
  • Calf Stretches XXXX

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I spent some time writing out my goals for the year in my monthly journal/planner. I still need to go get a planner that covers the entire year. Maybe this week. Some of my goals are BIG ones like find a teaching position, buy a house and others are things that are going to take real quality time and effort to manifest.

On tap for this week:

[X] Telemed appointment
[X] Neuro consult
[X] Ortho for ankle
[X] Campus tour with DD since she's going face-to-face for the first time and has never been on campus
[X] Email Mentor

[X] Answer pre-interview questions to complete State application
[X] Complete Columbia application
[X] Complete Local substitute application (as much as I can at this time)

[X] Clean/organize Eli's room
[X] Clean/organize downstairs closet
[X] Clean/organize upstairs closet
[X} Dresser drawer
[X} Under bathroom sink

[X] Find and purchase planner
[X] Menu plan
[X] Grocery shop

[-] [X] [X] [Walked instead] [-] [X] [X] Yoga

[X] Wash throw blankets

[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Read
[X] Read next section for family book club
[X] Schedule meeting for family book club
[X] Color

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The first full week of 2021, I am still at home so am hoping to get a lot done. Largely my list does not change too much but am now back to doing my 5 small chores every week.
Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time,

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday ( ) Tuesday ( ) try and get this done Sunday to save time
*washing (X)( )
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal plan (X)
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry (X)
*tidy freezer (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) Must try and be more diligent with this in 2021
*start/continue/finish one book (X) I will try and read more this year
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*DrillDance training (X)

Extras:* (back to 5 small chores a week)
*Shopping trip with Mum Thursday (X)
*Clean and sort bathroom vanity (X)
*Wash sun room walls (X)
*Organise stock pile (X)
*Organise pantry (X)
*Folding (X)
*Day trip to the farm and DS house Saturday (X)

Word of the Year:
Improve

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am going to attempt to join you this year. It will help with accountability

Monday
Errands Xfinity store, Kohls, Walmart and bank, post office
Tuesday
Drive to mom's (6 hours) pack car with my stuff, clean out bathroom and dining room
Change of plans waiting for Dsis available next weekend Will tidy up guest room and top of buffet
Wednesday
Drive home (6 hours) unpack Plans Changed work in craft/sewing room
Thursday
Unpack and put away stuff brought home from MI Continue working in craft/sewing room
Friday
Open to what needs to be done, continue with sorting putting away? clean house,? grocery shop?
Saturday
Whatever is calling my name
Sunday
Resting!

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, welcome on board.
I find that by posting here it holds me accountable. My list is mostly the same week by week but I find I am more likely to get things done if I list it here and then mark things off as they are accomplished.
I also find that it is a written record of what works for me, sort of like a diary. I get lots of inspiration and support from the other ladies who post here.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I like accountability .... :)

I was looking at planners ... https://www.inc.com/emily-richett/r...018-these-8-planners-will-help-you-do-it.html

1-4-21 To Do List
[X] Buy yarn for DD28 blanket
[X] Take DS17 to campus for book return/book pick up
[X] Mail an Etsy package
[X] Take pics of winter beanies
[X] Check out planners for 2021

1-5-21 To Do List
[X] Take DS17 to class on campus and pick up later
[X] Pick up his meds at CVS
[X] Pick up free school food
[X] Start a Chili Red neck warmer/scarf for someone
[X] Visit Paris

1-6-21 To Do List
[X] Prep Whole 30 meals
[X] Take DS17 to class on campus and pick up later
[X] Sit with my friend's mom
[X] Start winter crochet fingerless mitts

1-7-21 To Do List
[X] Errands: Pick up library DVD and School Food and Publix
[X] Write up friend's referral on Care.com
[X] Dry mop floors

1-8-21 To Do List
[X] Take pics of winter ear warmer
[X] Aldis' Weekly Shopping
[X] Whole 30 food prep

Daily
[X, X, X,X, X] Bible Devotional
[X, X, X, X, X] MHH
[X,X, X, X] Exercise
[X. X, X] Work in my new 2021 Planner
[X, X, X] Work on this week's homeschool newsletter (which this will be my last year as DS is graduating high school by June and will be 18 by July. Kind of bittersweet ..... :oops::confused::eek::cool:;)

I think my first week went ok! Yay and amen!

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was setting up goals for this year and one of the things that I've read is to write down your goals and then to half the amount. That will be more realistic and attainable. I've kept that idea over the years and it makes sense. When we are setting too lofty a goal, we feel defeated and give up. So now I'm of the mindset of setting small goals, attaining them and then slowly increasing the goal. I do think it is better for me that way.

Also, being flexible with the goal is good too. I've set up some things for this year and slowly started last week. I realized that when I was defining the goal in details, I actually had to go back to the basics and start from there. Normally, I would have been frustrated but if that's what I need to do for the long term goal, then so be it. I really think that dealing with the constant pivoting of life during the pandemic has taught me to be more flexible but it's also taught me not to relax, to wait for the other shoe to drop. I really don't like that feeling and will have to figure out a way to deal with it. My dc are also feeling that way with so many things cancelled at the last minute.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love looking at planners too. I am pretty particular with what I like, it needs to have a lot of room for notes and my ramblings. I found my planner for 2021 at Kmart and I am pleased with it.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had a Passion Planner and a Happy Planner at one point. I enjoyed both, but didn't use either as much as I should have. I felt pressured to decorate the Happy Planner and bought lots of stuff to do just that and then never did it. Oops! My favorite so far has been my Blue Sky planner.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just purchased a Day Design Planner from Target. I looked at all the planners they had (which was really only about 3 different ones) and was choosing between Blue Sky and this one. I ended up going with this one because it had lines and a whole goals section in the front.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
First full week of the year down. I was on holidays and got everything on my list completed. Makes me feel good.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I was setting up goals for this year and one of the things that I've read is to write down your goals and then to half the amount. That will be more realistic and attainable. I've kept that idea over the years and it makes sense. When we are setting too lofty a goal, we feel defeated and give up. So now I'm of the mindset of setting small goals, attaining them and then slowly increasing the goal. I do think it is better for me that way.

Also, being flexible with the goal is good too. I've set up some things for this year and slowly started last week. I realized that when I was defining the goal in details, I actually had to go back to the basics and start from there. Normally, I would have been frustrated but if that's what I need to do for the long term goal, then so be it. I really think that dealing with the constant pivoting of life during the pandemic has taught me to be more flexible but it's also taught me not to relax, to wait for the other shoe to drop. I really don't like that feeling and will have to figure out a way to deal with it. My dc are also feeling that way with so many things cancelled at the last minute.
Holiday_Mom- The productivity system I use stresses to only pick 2-3 goals to work on every 3 months. 10-12 for the year. It is VERY hard narrowing it down but when we put so many on our list, our chances of completing them is very low.
By the end of the year, one should accomplish more by focusing on less throughout the Quarters of the year.
I'm giving it a shot for 2021. Will be interesting to note results.

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Holiday_Mom- The productivity system I use stresses to only pick 2-3 goals to work on every 3 months. 10-12 for the year. It is VERY hard narrowing it down but when we put so many on our list, our chances of completing them is very low.
By the end of the year, one should accomplish more by focusing on less throughout the Quarters of the year.
I'm giving it a shot for 2021. Will be interesting to note results.

Annie
I like that idea. I can see how focusing on less means you actually accomplish more finished products verses unfinished products. Please let us know along the way how you are doing. :)