Here's to April 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The first 3 months of the year have gone, can you believe it? I am glad that I have been able to achieve most of what I have planned so far this year. I personally put a lot of stake in trying to get my best out of every week. I feel that with the passing of time I want to make the most of what I have been given. Not that anything I do has any great impact, it is just a need to make the best of what I have.

Daily:
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing ( )
*vacuum floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)( )
*meal planning ( )
*general tidy up (X)
*clean fridge/freezers ( )
*tidy pantry/stockpile ( )
*make work lunches (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
March, April and May-Autumn

*Baking day, try a new recipe and an old favourite. (X)
*Organise DH 60th, Easter and Mum's 80th (X) (X) ( )
*Tidy photo trunk ( ) a Winter project
*Start and complete Winter HGP ( ) started
*Prepare for Nationals in April (X)
*Target savings in bank ( ) Set a new goal to hit buy the end of May.
*Review word of the year ( )
*Visit DH's Uncle ( )
*Day trip to Cooma (X)
*Day trip to Yass ( )
*3 day trip to Shepparton ( ) scheduled for May
*At least one no spend day/week per month (X)( )( )
*Start thinking ahead for Winter, meals ( )plans ( )celebrations ( )goals ( )

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy gift closet (X)
*update planner (X)
*work on CIJ posts ( )
*work on wrapping party posts ( )
*do something that is just for me ( ) Need to find a new show to watch
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) working on bookmarks for Christmas
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 7
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies ( ) My challenge for 2023 is to do great stockings, useful and interesting items.

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Work Monday and Tuesday (X)
*Shopping day Wednesday (X)
*Nails Wednesday (X)
*Work extra Thursday (X)
*Celebrate Easter (X)

5 small chores:
*Take cans to recycling (X)
*Pack for Nationals (X)
*Test heating (X)
*Change smoke detector batteries (X)
*Continue working on book for kids (X)
*Buy new door mats (X)

Word of the Year 2023: Progress

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss and luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I personally put a lot of stake in trying to get my best out of every week. I feel that with the passing of time I want to make the most of what I have been given. Not that anything I do has any great impact, it is just a need to make the best of what I have.
That's a great way to live. Everything we do matters whether it is small or big. It has a ripple effect.

Daily:
  • Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
  • Reading [5 minutes a day to start]

Weekly:
  • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
  • Bills
  • Laundry
  • Menu Planning
  • Groceries
  • End of Week Reflection
  • Set Research/Writing Goals
  • Weed Garden

Monthly:
  • Kitchen

Extra:
  • Declutter Office Space
  • Easter: Make cookie dough and icing, make coconut macaroons, finalize Easter menu, figure out Easter clothes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That's a great way to live. Everything we do matters whether it is small or big. It has a ripple effect.
I think that this is a simple way to give my life purpose.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thought I'd share some thoughts about productivity, etc. as I work on establishing goals for the next three months. I'm reading through some productivty articles on JamesClear.com, author of Atomic Habits. One article was on how Dwight Eisenhower, 34th Pres. of the U.S., made decisions on what to do. He divided his time and actions into four areas:

1. Urgent and important (tasks you will do immediately). “Important tasks are things that contribute to our long-term mission, values, and goals.”
  2. Important, but not urgent (tasks you will schedule to do later). "Urgent tasks are things that you feel like you need to react to: emails, phone calls, texts, news stories."
  3. Urgent, but not important (tasks you will delegate to someone else).
  4. Neither urgent nor important (tasks that you will eliminate).

I thought this was good for me since I get caught up in the details. Sometimes those details are #2 and sometimes #3 but, in hindsight, most of the time #4. To reframe those four concepts in my language:

1. Urgent and important - Does this contribute to my long-term mission, values, and goals?
  2. Important, but not urgent - Can I schedule this task for later?
  3. Urgent, but not important - Can I delegate this task to someone else?
  4. Neither urgent nor important - Can I eliminate this tasks all together?

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Thought I'd share some thoughts about productivity, etc. as I work on establishing goals for the next three months. I'm reading through some productivty articles on JamesClear.com, author of Atomic Habits. One article was on how Dwight Eisenhower, 34th Pres. of the U.S., made decisions on what to do. He divided his time and actions into four areas:

1. Urgent and important (tasks you will do immediately). “Important tasks are things that contribute to our long-term mission, values, and goals.”
  2. Important, but not urgent (tasks you will schedule to do later). "Urgent tasks are things that you feel like you need to react to: emails, phone calls, texts, news stories."
  3. Urgent, but not important (tasks you will delegate to someone else).
  4. Neither urgent nor important (tasks that you will eliminate).

I thought this was good for me since I get caught up in the details. Sometimes those details are #2 and sometimes #3 but, in hindsight, most of the time #4. To reframe those four concepts in my language:

1. Urgent and important - Does this contribute to my long-term mission, values, and goals?
I used to follow something similar when I was in the office, working full-time. Now the issues is that I have no one to delegate tasks to. It all falls on me. I now prioritize as Must do today, Need to do within the next 2-3 days, and Want to do at some point.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I used to follow something similar when I was in the office, working full-time. Now the issues is that I have no one to delegate tasks to. It all falls on me. I now prioritize as Must do today, Need to do within the next 2-3 days, and Want to do at some point.
These are both great ideas. I often am quite erratic with my thoughts and bounce from one task to another. I often stop doing one task to start another. Maybe in my planner is can write the tasks in different colours, Red for priority/urgent, Orange for important and Blue for can wait for now.
Certainly something to ponder.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was thinking the same thing for our home. Work gets delegated but it's to three of us and not 7 of us anymore. I'm doing more work now.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul