HGP 2020 - Finish-Up

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
We're finished.....maybe. That's why Week Fifteen, Finish-Up Week, is devoted to finish-up tasks at the Holiday Grand Plan.

It's now or never, and the season is here. In the house, we'll tend to any un-done chores, bonus areas, or final preparations.

In holiday prep, the season enters full swing this week. We'll finish mailing packages and cards, and prepare for the final stretch to the holiday.

HOLIDAY PREP​

• Mail rest of packages and all cards.

CLEANING/ORGANIZING AREA: FINISH-UP WEEK​

This week's assignment, from Katie Leckey's Cleaning Grand Plan:

Take this final week to budget for the things you noted you needed to have done: new wallpaper, carpet re-stretching.
What about the outside?? It is a good time to really clean well the patio furniture and to sweep off the patio and trim the plants. Any weeding needing to be done? Section off the outside yard just as you would do the inside of the house and get to it. You can enjoy your home inside and out! )
Learn to delegate! Talk with your family and tell them how hard you have worked. (So what if they really do not understand.) Tell them how you need to have their help.
Be specific! Delegate specific chores and write them down on cards . No Nintendo, TV, or playing with friends till that is done. No Ifs ands or buts about it!
It takes 21 days to make something a habit-- for you and everyone else in the family--so stick to it! Keep on them.
Work on relationships now. You have been so busy in the house! Plan a lunch alone with your son. Take your daughter alone to a movie! Buy a new sexy piece of lingerie and treat you and Hubby!
Have fun now that you have your home all organized and clean!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm finished. I might bake a few things but if they don't get baked it's not a problem since both Christmas and NY's have been cancelled. We will still be seeing ds, ddil & dgs and dd though.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I think I've finished decorating and have most Christmas gifts ordered -- need to pick up a little something for my friends who host Christmas Eve (just a small group, who are in my bubble), DD is coming over on Friday and we're going to do our annual day of baking. She will take some cookies home, some will go for gifts, and the remainder will be enjoyed by yours truly. Need to get my Christmas cards completed (tonite's project) and mailed (tomorrow), and get some gift wrapping done. All in all, I think I'm ready!