HGP 2020 - New Year's

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
It's New Year's week at the Holiday Grand Plan!

We'll record Christmas memories, prepare for New Year's celebrations, and begin to look ahead to a new start in the new year.

HOLIDAY PREP​

• Decorate for New Year's Eve party. (Gold and white).
  • Write thank-you notes.
  • Take down tree. Pack ornaments. Wrap lights around flat rolls of newspaper.
  • Make New Years' resolutions.

POST-HOLIDAY WRAP-UP​

After the holiday, the Holiday Grand Plan sees us into an organized New Year. Putting home and holiday to bed for the winter wraps up the holiday celebration, and energizes us for the challenges of a new year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
NY's Eve has always been the party here... so with just the kids I still need to plan a small buffet.
After that will take down tree, pack ornaments. Clean up.

Note word for 2021 and write down objectives. Also have to work 1 day for the office.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Even though I did not complete the HGP in 2020 I got further than I had in previous years which I was pleased with. I had to work extra in November and December and DrillDance took up a bit more time than normal.
I will once again attempt the HGP in 2021 as I think it really does show great benefits.
Will keep an eye out for the dates to be posted.

Reactions: AnnieClaus

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I definitely fell off the HGP bandwagon towards the end this year. Which makes it very similar to every other year. :D

I love what I do get done and will look forward to next year's plan starting!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Family dynamics came into play Christmas week and, while I kept up with the HGP better than in all previous weeks, I gave up and gave it all to God that week. The week between Christmas and New Year's Eve was spent evaluating what I accomplished, what didn't get done, and I started to think about whether or not it worth it all. I like the HGP plan, as it forces me to do deep cleaning at least once a year. But, if I'm the only one who pays attention, does it even matter? If I'm the only one cooking for holiday meals, is it worth it, or might a light buffet or finger foods be better? Do we need a big dinner if we've had a big breakfast? When gifting, might we reconsider and do small gifts or set a smaller limit? For those that I give to, we all have the means to purchase what we need / want throughout the year. Might we make it more of a meaningful gift, instead of a half-dozen packages under the tree, where we're scrambling for ideas and stressing ourselves out to make sure the right amount was purchased? I'm a widow, normally household of one + a pup. Christmas Eve, under normal circumstances, is spent with friends; Christmas Day, I host -- typically my DD, SIL, and their pup, and a couple of friends who have no local family. Much of this should sort itself out in the coming weeks / months and some of the necessary decisions will be made well before the 2021 HGP starts. So, I'll have some time to develop my plans. for the coming holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Following thread for inspiration. We plan on taking the front room tree down this weekend & switch the small kitchen tree to a Wnter theme.

Merry Mary

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2020
Arkansas
Family dynamics came into play Christmas week and, while I kept up with the HGP better than in all previous weeks, I gave up and gave it all to God that week. The week between Christmas and New Year's Eve was spent evaluating what I accomplished, what didn't get done, and I started to think about whether or not it worth it all. I like the HGP plan, as it forces me to do deep cleaning at least once a year. But, if I'm the only one who pays attention, does it even matter? If I'm the only one cooking for holiday meals, is it worth it, or might a light buffet or finger foods be better? Do we need a big dinner if we've had a big breakfast? When gifting, might we reconsider and do small gifts or set a smaller limit? For those that I give to, we all have the means to purchase what we need / want throughout the year. Might we make it more of a meaningful gift, instead of a half-dozen packages under the tree, where we're scrambling for ideas and stressing ourselves out to make sure the right amount was purchased? I'm a widow, normally household of one + a pup. Christmas Eve, under normal circumstances, is spent with friends; Christmas Day, I host -- typically my DD, SIL, and their pup, and a couple of friends who have no local family. Much of this should sort itself out in the coming weeks / months and some of the necessary decisions will be made well before the 2021 HGP starts. So, I'll have some time to develop my plans. for the coming holidays.
I've been in those same shoes but then I just peaked out of all that. Now I'm more at a peacful phase with Christmas. As they say..Let go and let God. Just look that up to find your answers.