HGP 2021 - Entryway/Foyer Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Welcome to Week Three of the Holiday Grand Plan!

This week, we tackle deep-cleaning and decluttering our entryway or foyer, to create a welcoming entrance to the home for holiday guests.

Holiday prep chores focus on baking and kitchen as we plan our baked goodies and start stocking up for holiday meals. More printable forms help our Holiday Grand Plan notebooks grow.

Ready? Let's get organized with Entry/Foyer Week at the Holiday Grand Plan.

HOLIDAY PREP​

• Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from Menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Keep 2 boxes in a pantry area or storage place to put these in so that they are not used in everyday cooking - make sure to label them so that when food drives start your holiday supply stays intact and the food drive gets the food purchased for it.
  • Buy all supplies for homemade gifts. Package each project with directions and other information in zipper food storage bag and place in a basket or box in craft/sewing area.
  • Buy film, camera batteries, blank videotapes. Hide them; write yourself a note.

Reactions: HouseElf

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Entryway/Foyer: is in good shape overall but still has a lot of summer stuff as our temperatures are too warm to change seasons yet. Cleaned out the area and made notes for storage needs for the winter gear once we switch over.

Holiday Prep: have a new sugar cookie recipe I'd like to try this week, will bake and see how it holds up and freeze/thaws to decorate. Have ordered several items and awaiting shipments. This Friday the plan is head to stores early to pickup supplies to finish gift tags and ornament.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
“Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL”

I always get a laugh at all the people grabbing a Holiday meal but having no idea of what is inside.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My entryway is very small and in good shape, I lump this in with my study and tidy both together. I will be working on my bedroom this week. I will set aside 2 days to get this done.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Entryway is small, but I combine it with the stairways (I'm in a 3-story townhome). My HGP list for this week is as follows --
  • Foyer sidelight and transom windows (inside) -- lots of puppy nose prints that will take some scrubbing
  • Floor -- through cleaning of tile and grout
  • Wash foyer rug
  • Bench -- wipe down and polish wood
  • Bench baskets -- sort and organize
  • Plant -- re-pot and add soil and dried moss topper
  • Baseboards in foyer
  • Baseboards in stairwells -- foyer down, foyer up to main, main up to landing; landing to upstairs
  • Stairwell handrails and landing ledges
  • Shop for new holiday fabric for foyer bench. given the $$ for upholstery fabric and lack of remnant pieces, I'll stick with what I have used in the past.
  • Autumn wreath on door; outdoor autumn flag hung
  • Autumn decor out
  • schedule furnace tune-up (coming Weds. AM, between 8:00 & 10:00 DONE)
  • schedule carpet cleaning

Last edited: