HGP 2023 -- mid-plan check-in

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
We're nearing the end of Week 9 of the 18-week HGP. That means we are half-way through the plan. Thought I'd post a mid-plan check-in. How are you doing this year? Are you on track to finish? Close? Or, do you need some motivation?

I've bee working the HGP for probably more than 30 years and I've never ever completed the HGP. While working full time and having a family and 100-year old home that required a lot of maintenance, there was always something interfering with my holiday prep. But, as a retiree since 2019, there's been no excuse, yet I've always let other "things" get in the way. Perhaps co-moderating this year has provided some inspiration and just maybe this year will be my first time getting it all done.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think any work done with the HGP is wonderful. There are no HGP police who will arrest us for not doing it all. It is just a general outline to help us keep our act together without losing our minds. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing OK. I still have a few rooms to finish but they are on the schedule for the next few weeks. If I stick to the plan I should have all rooms done by the end of November.....fingers crossed.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I think any work done with the HGP is wonderful. There are no HGP police who will arrest us for not doing it all. It is just a general outline to help us keep our act together without losing our minds. lol
I totally agree. Anything is better than nothing! Was just posting the check-in to keep us all encouraged, maybe add some motivation,and help with our sanity during this busy time of year.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I agree 100%. Every little bit helps. Anything that’s done ahead is one less thing to worry about later, especially if you run into issues later on in the season.

I will finish house cleaning on Saturday. That’s always my major thing to finish. I’m on track to finish up everything else according to my schedule and goals.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am not doing as well this year as I had hoped - various unanticipated factors - BUT! I'm not giving up - still hanging in there! Still trying to knock off at least a part of my HGP list each week.

I've been picking the cleaning tasks that I wouldn't normally tackle on a weekly basis (i.e. the top of the refrigerator) or picking out a part of bigger task that has the most impact on day to day (instead of my entire dresser I emptied and organized the drawers that were a jumbled mess and left the "ok" ones alone.)

I'm trying to catch up on my Holiday prep tasks too! Doing okay-ish on freezer cooking. And I actually DID get my wrapping center setup and a few gifts wrapped.

Three cheers and many ((hugs)) for us all on our HGP journey! ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I've been picking the cleaning tasks that I wouldn't normally tackle on a weekly basis (i.e. the top of the refrigerator) or picking out a part of bigger task that has the most impact on day to day (instead of my entire dresser I emptied and organized the drawers that were a jumbled mess and left the "ok" ones alone.)
AJ, I think that you are very wise with your approach. Getting the priorities done when you are stretched for time is a great compromise.