HGP Week 15 Finish Up

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
For Holiday Prep
Mail rest of packages and cards.

Cleaning Prep
Learn to delegate!
Be specific! Delegate specific chores and write them down unfinished tasks on cards . No Nintendo, TV, or playing with friends till that is done. No Ifs ands or buts about it!

This is a good week to get that final big clean in before the last of kitchen cooking begins.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I will do my best to finish decorating tomorrow.
On Monday I would like to finish up the Christmas cards for family and friends.
Wednesday will be a shopping day to get our nuts, candies and last gift for dgds.
Thursday, a good cleaning of the house.
Friday finalize menu and make shopping list for family Christmas which is NYE. Will ask DC to help with items needed, topping for the sheet pan nachos we are for our meal. I may ask them to each bring a batch of chex mix. There are so many different ways to make it. It would be fun to have that in bowls around the house as we play games. (Minute to Win It Christmas games.)
I am thinking of a scavenger hunt too, will see.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH finished decorating the outside last weekend.
I still have a few gifts to put $$ in.
Baking to do. Made 1 dessert to freeze last weekend.
This week I want to reorganize pantry and wash Jennair as well as regular chores.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finally finished decorating. Everything is in it’s place and all the totes put away.

Ordered the ham. Plan to make chicken soup later this week.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Almost done. I got quite a bit done on my own and finally looked at DH and said I need a push to the finish line, he said, "Push Push." I said what I need is your help to clear up the last little bit. He laughed and helped me finish what I need to finish today. I can't do anything else until I go to the store tomorrow. I am in need of command hooks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am looking forward to the final push. Most things are done, gifts are wrapped and stored away. I need to do a bit more baking on Thursday and I need to make the chocolate coated oreos for work, then I am done with that.
Need to finalise plans with DD and DSIL and add those to the planner. Once that is finalised I can concentrate on the final grocery lists.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
have you tried adding some mint extract to the chocolate
OOOH no, I haven't thought of that. I did decorate with some crushed candy canes but the mint extract would really be lovely.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Decorating done, kitchen counters are cleared (for now). Need to get bill-paying paperwork back to the office. Christmas cards still need to be done (tonite? Sunday?). And, I need to wrap and ship a package to DBIL and his GF in Florida. I can't trust the USPS to get it there using the Express boxes, so will send UPS second day.

I've got almost all of my shopping done. Need to get one more gift card, and place an order for pick up with Barnes & Noble. Still need to pick up a couple of cards -- DD & DSIL, Mom, and figure out what to get my Mom. When she was south for the winter, I'd simply send her some breads and cookies, along with something small. She'll be north for the winter again this year, and I'm at a loss.

Still unsure if I'm cooking on Christmas Day or if DD will be hosting. We've talked about it, but not come to a definite decision. Also, need to find out what Mom's going to do for Christmas, and if she'd want to come in here for the holiday. And, depending on where we're having Christmas, there may be another one or two small gifts for other non-family members who join us for the holiday.

DD will come down on Monday for our annual day of baking. Lots of cookies and bars, breads, etc. Looking forward to having those good smells in my home. We'll divy them up and some will go home with her, others will be shipped to her uncle / my BIL, and a package will be set aside for my mom / her grandmother. And, then my kitchen will need another cleaning.