HHP 2016 - Week 11 - Food Spaces

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Last week was the first time during this year's plan where I struggled to get things accomplished. We are in college search/visit/application mode here for the first time. On top of that, my grandmother has been ill since the end of August. Things are just extra busy and I've been a bit more forgetful. I am so thankful for this plan. I was feeling frustrated and behind and then I remembered that I'm actually ahead of the game right now. :)

This Week's Household Checklist

• Clean out the refrigerator. Done
  • Clean out the freezer. Done
  • Keep up with daily and weekly cleaning schedule. I really need this reminder. Otherwise, I will fall behind.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Review recipes and make a shopping list. Done
  • Assemble dry mixes for cookies.
  • Wrap gifts. I saw a couple of online sales last week and took advantage of them. I also went out today and picked up some teacher/service people gifts.
Still to do
  • Write out cards.
  • Buy Dried Fruits.
  • Gather appetizer recipes and main dish recipes for Christmas Eve menu. Done
  • Continue to work on gift list ideas and purchase when possible.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
clean oven - done
clean fridge - done
clean freezer - done

Holiday Prep Checklist:
restock all spices - done
make shopping list for baking items - done
work on Christmas cards - done

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im delegating this week. My cleaner is doing most of it. I have a heavy week with normal life and Luke's swim. Plus then I can concentrate on Christmas prep. The pantry is already done. The fridge has been cleared out. The shelves and bins need wiping down- but that wont take her long- she pretty much does it every week anyway. We dont have a big freezer but it does need a clearout and wipe down.

I need to work on checking my master shopping list- think Im doing pretty well but double check.
Finalise menus with Luke (will that child ever make up his mind- if he does not by the end of this week Im just making exactly what I want!)
Check others shopping- think Im pretty good here.

Wrap gifts.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Over the weekend I stocked up on various chocolate chips and peanutbutter chips for the Christmas cookies and they were on sale pretty cheap. Picked up extra Cinnamon - I never seem to have enough of cinnamon.

I really need to take everything out of the frig and clean it out .. shelves and all. Freezer side is in decent shape and the chest freezer forget it .. that bad boy is full

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Hello Ladies...
I am almost all caught up! I still have two things from last week that have carried over...the baseboards to clean in the kitchen and then the floor. I am pretty amazed that is all because of how far behind I was. Here are my plans for this week:

Household Checklist:
  • baseboards and floors in kitchen
  • clean out and wipe down fridge
  • clean oven
  • organize pantry
  • maintenance cleaning in master bedroom and family room
Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • catch up on wrapping
  • make baking supply grocery list
  • complete Operation Christmas Child shopping and take boxes to drop off
My gift list is coming along nicely. I am almost complete with everything! I cannot shop anymore though (except for OCC) until my next check, which is not until Nov 19th. That's ok though, besides for my DD I should be able to complete everything with that check. Have a great week everyone, I am so thankful for all of your support and accountability!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
This is definitely a MAJOR task when you are married to an Executive Chef. We have 3 large refrigerators and two large freezers in addition to the side by side freezer and the smaller ones on the other two refrigerators. We don't have traditional cabinets or a little pantry, we have storage units and commercial sized containers.

I've been buying ahead ham, baking supplies, cold drinks, and other extras. I've designated a drawer and freezer shelf for holiday foods only.

I haven't posted much but I do hope everyone is having a beautiful start to their holidays and getting our homes ready.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's two weeks until Thanksgiving here!

Ellen - It's nice to see you here. Extra freezers and refrigerators sound so nice!

My freezer is looking good. I assembled most of the dry mixes for the cookies. I have a couple more to do. I made my Thanksgiving shopping list and I've started to buy the food as it goes on sale.

A few unexpected things popped up this week so the wrapping and card writing will be put off until next week.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Okay, so I am attempting to have my whole house decorated, inside and out, by Thanksgiving Day because I have all 4 grandchildren the entire Thanksgiving weekend and I can't think of a better way to kick off the Christmas holidays with them. Today I repainted the Christmas trees that DH custom cut to fit on our front porch banister railing. I added the textured snow to the edges of the green trees just to give them a fresh look.

I think that's about all the neighbors can handle right now so I'll do more this weekend. Not to mention IT'S HOT OUTSIDE! LOL Grinches!

I'm moving on to my kitchen now. I'm as excited as a little kid about Christmas. Hope everyone is doing well.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Okay, so I am attempting to have my whole house decorated, inside and out, by Thanksgiving Day because I have all 4 grandchildren the entire Thanksgiving weekend and I can't think of a better way to kick off the Christmas holidays with them.

I think your grandchildren will have a magical time with you!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ellen, nice to see you again!

I WANT (don't know if it'll happen) to decorate next weekend... depends on MY grinches (dh & ds)... if not then it'll be getting cards ready, start some baking and gift wrapping. I need to be in full Christmas mode for the next 2 weekends :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
UGH!!

I am so far behind. The only thing I got done this week was a good chunk of the Christmas cards.

So, I will be busy this week trying to catch up.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was out of town this week. Pantry and freezers are in good shape. Will have to do some major shopping to catch up for Thanksgiving.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I spent the afternoon cleaning the oven, fridge and freezer. I am so glad those jobs are done. :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Cleaned out the frig tonight. Threw out any outdated stuff, washed down the shelves and drawers. Now got room for the turkey to thaw out and for the rest of the Thanksgiving goodies.