HHP 2016 Week 16 - Nearly There

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to pick up a few last minute gifts and then wrap them. Have to pick up a few more basic staples. Also 2 crafts to finish.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Booked Booked Booked this week. Much to do. I feel like a sprinter before the big race!

Shopping -- About 25% more to go.
Wrapping -- 100% more to go. (Hope to have 50% of it done by Friday)
Online orders -- Pulling the last of the orders.
Household -- there will be much in the way of chore delegation to the kids this week! House itself is in pretty good shape - -just need to keep it that way! Will do a 30 minute full-court press on it right before dinner (so they are motivated to finish).
Financial -- Mail what needs to be mailed for all the estate matters that needs to be done by year end.

*Breathing* It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. (Thank God I start this in the Fall!)

Reactions: happy2bme

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We have Christmas concerts this week and next week. So there are extra practices before and after school this week. The good news is even though I lose time for Christmas prep with the driving back and forth, I gain some time because I'm on a break from school! I need that extra time back so badly. I hope to knock most of the lingering things off my list this week.

This Week's Household Checklist

• Have the girls continue the daily after dinner clean up around the house. (I did another deep clean last week and will try to keep up with the fine details along the way.) Happy with this progress.
  • Clean carpet in Family Room if time permits.
  • Continue to work off the Christmas Eve cleaning timeline. This is proving to be very helpful because I don't have to really think about things. I've seen some areas that need tweaking for next year's list. Happy with this progress.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Decorate the rest of the house. I still have boxes sitting out from last week. That is incentive enough. Done
  • Finish up shopping. Happy with this progress. I think there are just a few little "it would be nice to give" items to pick up.
  • Wrap gifts for family and teacher/service people.Happy with this progress.
  • Make Stollen. Done
  • Make roll out cookies and ice them. Just about done.
Mel, Lucie and Cindylouwho, just think. Two weeks from today, we'll be relaxing with family and enjoying Christmas day. We've got this!

Last edited:
Reactions: happy2bme

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Shopping - DONE (Bonus***DH and I bought ourselves a very much needed new king sized mattress today) It's scheduled for delivery on the 20th. This Elf will be sleeping peacefully for Christmas. Now I need to work on DH for a new dryer. LOL
Wrapping - I will be re-wrapping a few gifts thanks to my beautiful lab who lays down on them.
Online Orders - Just personal stuff so no worries.
Household - My dining room looks like Christmas threw up in there as I was working on major projects to decorate my sisters church. I'm hoping to tackle this room Tuesday and then start again on my craft room that's apparently been ground zero for a crafty Christmas nut. I just realized that I never finished decorating my family room tree or the fireplace mantel. Wow, it's going to be a busy week.
Desk/Financial - Zero Christmas debt. End of year paperwork is my nemeses.

I hope everyone has been enjoying their holidays and getting a lot accomplished. Be proud of yourself! I haven't been posting much this year and I really miss you all and your beautiful Christmas spirit. Caring for my terminally ill FIL requires ALOT of my attention. I just keep thinking how thankful I am to all of you here for teaching me how to prepare early so that the holidays can still be enjoyable despite what life can throw at us.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I love that everyone knows exactly what they need to do and has a plan to get it done. I am so proud of all of us!! :):):):)

My focus this week is wrapping and baking. I plan to have it all finished by the end of this week.

I can do it!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wrapping and crafting for me this week :)

Ellen - you are doing good by your FIL, you come back to us when you can.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Yep Im pretty happy with how things are going.

Luke has finished school for the year- actually he finished a week ago.
I tweak things so that most of everything is done already so that I can kind of relax and enjoy this time.
We are out and about a lot at this time of the year with lots of activities- it seems that everyone else is too!
Its also our Summer and so far its hot and pretty much perfect beach weather so if we have nothing on then we head to the beach. We both love it. I find that it totally recharges me. Because we are not at home so much and also because the weather is warm, I find that the house does not need as much attention- we tend to eat out a lot or eat lighter things that do not make the mess in the kitchen.

I do have 2 more gifts to pick up- but cant get them til 22nd of Dec- Xbox games that are not released til then- they have been preordered.
I still have food shopping to do- but the lists are finished and ready to go.

I have started a list of things to pick up when Christmas items go on sale after Christmas- I will finally need new gift cards after not needing any for what feels like a decade!

All in all, this house and its occupants are ready for Santa!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Good job, Tanya!!

Enjoy your holidays!
!

:):):):):):):):):):)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Well, I am happy to say that I have found a wrapping system that works for me. :D:D:D:D

Instead of getting overwhelmed by a HUGE wrapping session all at once, I am breaking it down into one hour increments.

Today, I got all the gifts out and set up the wrapping supplies and set the timer for one hour. I wrapped for that hour and when the timer went off, I was done and put the rest away until next time.

I will do this again on Wednesday and Thursday and I am pretty that the wrapping will be done by then. :D:D:D:D

I can't believe I didn't think of this before! :p:rolleyes:;)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Mel, I think I will try this method too. Thanks

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Ellen - We've missed you but as Lucie said, you're doing good by your FIL.
Lucie - Do you have much to do with the crafts?
Tanya - It sounds like you are enjoying the fruits of your labor now.
Mel - Good idea for the wrapping!

I'm working off my detailed prep. timeline and seeing things that I need to add. I made stollen today but I, um, didn't have everything I needed and so I did something that this recovering perfectionist never did, <gulp> I made do with what I had. Somehow, two of the three major fruit ingredients failed to make it to my list. Either that or my girls were snacking on it. I thought I had the dried fruit in the cabinet but when I went to pull it out, they weren't there. We'll find out how it tastes on Christmas morning.

Wrapping the service gifts are just about done. I hope to get those out next week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Holiday_Mom , I am finished for this year :) I did the last 2 crafts yesterday. I will start thinking about those for 2017 soon :)
Got 2 more gifts today - so will need to wrap those.
Missing a gift for hostess on Saturday and 1 gift from Santa for dd. The rest should be almost done

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DD and I wrapped the gifts for the dogs and for J.

I am so happy to have this done!

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
THE WRAPPING IS DONE!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great job, ladies, on getting things done!

I'm nearing the end of the shopping. There are a few more items that I'm still trying to locate at the stores. If I don't get them by Tuesday, then I think I'll call off the gift search.

I've been keeping up with the wrapping for the most part. A few more items still have to get wrapped. I'm hoping to get to them Saturday morning. I have one gift that won't get here until Dec. 23rd. That is my official last day to wrap. If it isn't wrapped and I find it arrives after the 23rd, then it is going in a gift bag.

Gift bags for teachers/service people are ready by the front door. I'll hand them out next week.

I'm hoping to get to the cookies on Saturday afternoon and/or Saturday night.

Christmas decoration boxes are still out. My high schoolers want to decorate but with concert rehearsals and concerts this week, they didn't have time to do it. Mid terms start on Monday. If they don't find time this weekend to finish the decorating, then I will take over the Christmas decorating from now on.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I haven't gotten any baking done this week, but I am planning on doing some tomorrow. I just have a few things that I want to make, so shouldn't take too long.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I did some baking today. I have always wanted to make cranberry/pistachio fudge and today was the day. It is delicious!!

I made cookies as well. I have one more kind of cookie to make and they are K's favorite, so she likes to help with them. I am hoping to make a batch tomorrow.