HHP 2016 - Week 17 - Celebration Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here are my goals for the week:

This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Keeping up with daily housework. Making progress
  • Wash floors.
  • Clean carpet if time permits.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Charge cameras and download photos.
  • Double check that the stocking stuffers are ready to go. Done
  • Wrap any last minute/forgotten gifts Done
  • Pick a day for Christmas Eve grocery shopping. Go over menu and make a shopping list. Done
  • Work off of Christmas Eve timeline. Making progress
What things do you need to finish?

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
It's almost here - so excited!!!
:):):):):):):):):)

Household Checklist:
I will follow my regular cleaning schedule for the week. On Friday, I will do anything that would normally get on Saturday and Sunday, so I don't have any cleaning to do on the weekend.

Holiday Prep Checklist:
finish baking - done
grocery shop for fresh items for Christmas dinner - done
charge camera - done

Have a great week everyone.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
So much is going through my mind even with a check list. I've got to write out what's happening here to help process what's been done and what needs to be done still.

I just finished giving the living room, dining room, and hall a little spruce up. I want to give the mudroom, kitchen and bathroom a cleaning today. We'll freshen these rooms up on Saturday.

Overall, I'm keeping up with the cleaning but the office and family room is a mess. My high schoolers have mid-terms and projects due this week. They will help with some of the finer details of cleaning on Thursday night and we they get home Friday afternoon.

The teacher/service gifts are being delivered daily. The last one goes out on Thursday.

I've made my shopping list. Groceries will be bought on Thursday. I want to do some food prep. on Friday.

Serving spoons, serving dishes, crock pot and serving trays have been washed and are ready to go.

I am going to go through the stocking stuffers now to make sure they are good to go on Saturday.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
K and I got the last of the cookies made, so the baking is done.

We will do some more baking for New Year's, but I will deal with that next week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
got the last gifts for friends delivered last night. Have 2 Christmas cards not yet mailed... was waiting to receive theirs before mailing as both have moved.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Cleaner is coming tomorrow to give the house a good wipe down! Its just day to day dirt/ grime that accumulates when you have an 11 year old on school holidays and 2 Dobermans.
I have told Luke that anything he wants washed needs to be in the laundry by tomorrow morning at the latest! Im sure he will want his Santa shorts to sleep in Christmas Eve- bet I have to drag them off him though- since the elf brought them Dec 1st he has hardly had them off.
I have 2 final things to wrap- part of my cleaners gift that for some unknown reason I forgot to include when I wrapped hers- just small things- her favourite coffee syrup and fragrant water to put into the iron for lightly scented clothes.
I have FINALLY pinned Luke down to a meal choice on Christmas Eve- He has decided on pizza, salad, garlic bread. I have no idea how such a simple take out meal could take him so much time to decide on!!!! Im thinking I might get a smaller size pizza than usual and add a lasagna to share as well. I will order it for delivery on Christmas Eve.
Food shopping lists are completed and ready to go. I have done an online order for most items and will go out early Saturday morning to pick up the seafood (ordered already) and other fresh bits I need.
We are planning on eating breakfast outside on Christmas morning- so I need to hose down the patio area. I use a high pressure hose so its quick and very easy to do- no scrubbing needed!
I do need to get out more candles/ fragrance melts to burn.
Gift wise the only other thing that needs doing is to fill Luke's new beanbag with beans. I have both the beans and the beanbag. The beans are hidden in the garden shed as my usual hiding spot of my closet/ dressing area it was too likely that Luke might notice them if he happened to wander into my room. I will move them out early Christmas eve morning when he is still sleeping and lock them in my bathroom. He wont notice a locked door for a day but he may have noticed it if I had it locked for longer.

Overall Im pretty happy with everything.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Tanya - it sounds like you have everything in order and will be ready for the big day.

Good for you! :):)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel - Great job on finishing the baking.

Tanya - I had to laugh about the Santa shorts. We have clothes that are well loved here too.

I've got all of the service gifts delivered. There are a few gifts that my husband has in hiding that I need to get wrapped.
Stocking stuffers are ready to go. The house is in good shape at this point. Minor details to finish.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Gift wrapping is finished! Groceries are bought. That just leaves a final cleaning and food preparation to do on Friday and Saturday. Then we have three nights in a row of celebrating Christmas with family.

How is everyone else doing?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Great job, Mary!

Enjoy all that celebrating - you deserve it!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have been working on housework today. I did Saturday's cleaning jobs today and tomorrow I will do Sunday's. The plan is to do no housework this weekend except vacuum if necessary....and it's always necessary.:D:D

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Last minute grocery items have been purchased, the cleaning is done and the camera is charged.

I am ready for the big day!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
So much is going through my mind even with a check list. I've got to write out what's happening here to help process what's been done and what needs to be done still.

Merry Christmas my HHP friends! It was quite the week -- busy til the end but a beautiful Christmas. Haven't been posting because I've barely been online at all except for shopping. Running on very little sleep and about to hit the sack now. All is well. Recap later but Holiday_Mom I totally hear you! :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Unfortunately I fell behind so things were not so smooth or organized that I wanted. Over all it was still a great Christmas but I vow to make next year even better and plan to follow along even more.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, all worked out but I have to sit down in the next few days and go over changes that need to be made. One thing for sure, that list saved me. Dh started to get a nasty cold on Thursday before Christmas. I started the next day. I was in such a fog that I couldn't think. We just worked off the list.