Hhp 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im in. Looking forward to it.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
So am I, Tanya,

It will be different from last year - I am living in a fully functioning house!!

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Woo hoo!!!! I am in. I only hope I have the same enthuaism week 10 and on....lol

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im glad your back Mel. I missed you on this last year!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow! Is it that time of year again already!!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I can't wait to get this party started.

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I'm not sure which plan I'm going to attempt this year.

I normally do the HGP, but I'm leaning towards this one. Not sure yet, but I am excited to start!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm looking forward to this plan. It is going to be a very different year for me. Lots of changes are happening in the family with new schools for 4 of my children, a possible new job for me and finalizing college plans for another child. I will need a plan so I don't have to really "think" about a clean house and preparation for the upcoming holiday season. I can just do the plan.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Those of you that are worried about finishing or being perfect need to reread Holiday_Mom's post. Just follow along, have fun and do what you can. No matter what, you are going to be far better off than not having a plan at all. You are always ahead of the game since most people don't even think about getting their homes and family ready for the holiday's until November. We can do this! Rest assured life will get in the way of your plan at one time or another between now and Christmas Day but there is always plenty of opportunity to touch up missed areas throughout the plan cycle.

I have been following these plans for at least 10 years and have never completed 100% but always felt so blessed and thankful that I had the opportunity to accomplish as much as I had with the help of this great group. In 2005 I even lost my home in a hurricane and had my family living in a camper and small apartment but still managed to pull off a Christmas for my family...... albeit one I never want to relive again. It's not about having the Norman Rockwell scenery, it's about the love, camaraderie and heart and soul we put into making our own special holidays as stress free as possible.

Here's to a lot of fun and laughter as well dive into our 2016 HHP.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Can't believe it is that time of the year already. Thank you for posting this link. I've already printed my calendars out and am preparing my notebook.

Wow! Here we go! :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thanks Mel! I will have to print some things! Not sure which one I will try this year. But like as been mentioned any little bit helps that we get done ahead of time.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have had a few weeks where things did not go to plan. But this year Im going to try extra hard to get it finished. The whole Christmas season goes much more smoothly if I have.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary - I am really excited for this year! I have been walking around the house making lists in my head!

Ellen - Excellent advice! We are too hard on ourselves as it is and the holidays can get us so stressed out. We need to remember to breath and not get too worked up about it all. Easier said than done, but we have to try.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Just a few more days until we get started - I am happy about that.

I didn't realize just how much of my stuff is still packed since the addition isn't finished. What is unpacked has just been placed "where ever" because there are no other places for them to go.

I am not going to get too upset about it, I'm just going to roll with it and do the best I can.

See you all on Sunday!!

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Yes, see you all on Sunday, I am so looking forward to starting. Everything, is almost all set and ready to go. We have gutted our upstairs this year, so all my craft stuff is strewned all about. I am hoping to gather all my supplies this weekend into one spot, as phase two of the remodel won't be happening until after the growing season, as my husband grows giant pumpkins competively which take up a great deal of his free time.